X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A clarification please

CUC wrote...

"...these threads attacking or denigrating the series and its direction - as opposed to legitimate and constructive criticism - also have their own home now - the "Farewells and general series complaint" forum - it may be shortlived but for now its an appropriate home for these non-constructive posts..."

This is much like the 'real' fans comments...could a clarification be given as to exactly what is considered 'legitimate and constructive'...

For example...to express displeasure over the inclusion of four ex-CC street races is to my way of thinking a legitimate and constructive criticsm...I'm sure some here would disagree...thank you...

just remember It's not what you say but how you say it
    Growing Old is Required/Growing Up is Optional
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Comment

Originally posted by fl-irlfan
      just remember It's not what you say but how you say it
      Oh how well I remember...especially on certain Fora...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
        For example...to express displeasure over the inclusion of four ex-CC street races is to my way of thinking a legitimate and constructive criticsm...I'm sure some here would disagree...thank you...
        I think it depends entirely on how it's expressed. This would be the place for former Indy Car fans to do that. This would also be the place for those opinions to be challenged.
        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

ps - not sure if that's an accurate quote of cleanupcrew, but I am absolutely sure that we don't intend to sanction a haven for illegitimate and unconstructive criticism, or denigration of any series, regardless.
          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13
            I think it depends entirely on how it's expressed. This would be the place for former Indy Car fans to do that. This would also be the place for those opinions to be challenged.
            I consider myself an IndyCar fan...obviously you and others don't...is it a legitimate criticism on my part to speak negatively of the recent aquisition of those venues...

Comment

How is your definition any different than Kellner's was in 1996, or Defender's?

I know some people think that's just great, a full-on bitchfest, but I think our experience here has shown there's value in keeping a place for the fans to enjoy.

If you don't support the series, then you aren't a fan. I don't think that's just my definition, but maybe Webster's, sorta.

I mean, come on, we're bending over backwards to give you a spot, but there's going to be discussion and various viewpoints. You want a blog, start one.

Brian's Wish

Comment

How is your definition any different than Kellner's was in 1996, or Defender's?

I know some people think that's just great, a full-on bitchfest, but I think our experience here has shown there's value in keeping a place for the fans to enjoy.

If you don't support the series, then you aren't a fan. I don't think that's just my definition, but maybe Webster's, sorta.

I mean, come on, we're bending over backwards to give you a spot, but there's going to be discussion and various viewpoints. You want a blog, start one.
                I don't know what Kellner's was in 1996...Defender spends a great deal of time and energy supportive of TG and the IRL...as far as the 'bitchfest' aspect is concerned I don't think I've ever supported that...I do have what I consider to be legitimate criticisms of the path taken by TG...I watch every IRL oval race on TV...no, I do not spend money on the IRL..but, convresely. I don't spend money on the NFL, yet, I watch...so am I a 'supportive' fan...

You know and I know, that many on thsese forums simply hate me for basically one reason and one reason only...I have criticised them for buying whatever the plan of the day is that TG trots out...I remain a loyal fan of the IRL as it was presented in 1996...I love discussion...I'm pretty good at it...I'm not good at looking at four new street parades for example and saying, boy I'm really happy about that...racing is not important enough to me for a blog...none of it will matter 100 years from now...religious and political values will I suspect...

BTW: I've seen more honest debate on this forum than any where else for years...thanks for providing it and taking part...it's good...

Comment

Did you find Kellner's or Defender's posts to always be legitimate criticisms of the targeted series?

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
                    I watch every IRL oval race on TV...
                    That's a prety good argument.

I bet paper does too, gee, let's see what he thinks, and put that in the Indy Car forum

Brian's Wish

Comment

Did you find Kellner's or Defender's posts to always be legitimate criticisms of the targeted series?

Is anyone...

Comment

Not sure what you're asking... sorry.

Brian's Wish

Comment

That's a prety good argument.

I bet paper does too, gee, let's see what he thinks, and put that in the Indy Car forum
                          I see this person's name everywhere and I couldn;'t tell you one thing he/she has posted....ever...don't know what he/she thinks, but, I've been on record as saying that IRL oval racing is the best I've ever seen...not too happy with recent rules, but, when they were 'insane' (Cheever's word not mine) it was the most dynamic, exciting and electrifying racing ever in my lifetime...period...I remain a loyal IRL fan...

Comment

Yeah, I like it too

I know Railbird could wax poetic about street races, too.

When I saw Parnelli and AJ and Al Unser Sr at IRP I had no idea I was committing a sin, I just thought it was a race

But, yeah, I like Indy for the ovals, mainly.

Brian's Wish

Comment

Lot's of ovals are superior to Indy for pure racing...sight lines etc..try and imagine what it was like back in the day of the 140mph lap...long time around....trees...you could hear 'em whine going up the back stretch...imaginations were good things to have...Sid Collins knew that too...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X