Which would you pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you pick?

Two races. One has a field of 18-25 mostly road racers on a road course. The other has a field of 40 short trackers on a superspeedway. They are in the same city, but not at the same track so you have to pick one to go to.

Same deal, but you aren't close to either track. They are both televised and start at the same time. You can't watch both, but you can flip channels during commercials, but the one you watch the most is the only one that counts as your answer.
    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Tivo
    www.fairtax.org

Comment

Short trackers on an oval. hands down.

Comment

Is this just any ol' short trackers and any ol' road racers, or are we talking about NASCAR and F1?

I think we already know that NASCAR wins in the U.S. and F1 wins in the rest of the world.

But, maybe you have a twist
        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by devowood
          Tivo

Not allowed. You have to pick one.

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13
            Is this just any ol' short trackers and any ol' road racers, or are we talking about NASCAR and F1?

I think we already know that NASCAR wins in the U.S. and F1 wins in the rest of the world.

But, maybe you have a twist
            I wasn't asking what you thought everyone else would watch, but which one would you watch. And I wasn't thinking nascar or F1. What I had in mind was top short trackers and top road racers, but neither Cup or F1.

Comment

Is either one running fenders?
              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Is either one running fenders?

Hadn't thought of fenders. I guess when I wasn't thinking nascar I also wasn't thinking fenders.

Comment

Well, I guess if it's really good drivers in Indy Cars, I'd take the speedway version both on TV and in person, almost every time. If it was something else (less), then I'd consider the road racers, especially live, and especially if it was Formula 1.

If it was really run-of-the-mill short trackers in shoestring equipment repeatedly taking themselves and each other out with mistakes and multiple mechanical failures, then I'd probably rather watch the road racers on TV even if I had to set the alarm clock for the middle of the night

If it was a bunch of clubracer drivers in specracer cars repeatedly taking themselves and each other out with mistakes and multiple mechanical failures, then I'd probably rather watch the short trackers, even live in the middle of the night with a hundred miles to drive home afterwards.

'zat make sense, Luck?

Brian's Wish

Comment

I'd watch both.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Byrd
                      I'd watch both.
                      Same here. That's what the previous channel button is for on the remote.
                      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
                        Same here. That's what the previous channel button is for on the remote.

I didn't realize this would be so difficult. You can watch both, but you can only mostly watch one or the other. If you want to play, then you have to choose one. Both is not an option. If you don't want to choose one over the other, then I guess that's your right, but by doing so you are also choosing to not answer the question.

Comment

Well, I guess if it's really good drivers in Indy Cars, I'd take the speedway version both on TV and in person, almost every time. If it was something else (less), then I'd consider the road racers, especially live, and especially if it was Formula 1.

If it was really run-of-the-mill short trackers in shoestring equipment repeatedly taking themselves and each other out with mistakes and multiple mechanical failures, then I'd probably rather watch the road racers on TV even if I had to set the alarm clock for the middle of the night

If it was a bunch of clubracer drivers in specracer cars repeatedly taking themselves and each other out with mistakes and multiple mechanical failures, then I'd probably rather watch the short trackers, even live in the middle of the night with a hundred miles to drive home afterwards.

'zat make sense, Luck?

Yes. Three paragraphs to say that you are undecided.

Comment

I would suggest that the American marketplace has already answered this question, thousands of times over.
                            "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky161
                              Yes. Three paragraphs to say that you are undecided.
                              No, what I'm saying is it depends on factors that are more important to me than if it's an oval or if there are road racers. I did take time to discuss my personal preference, because that's what I thought you were asking.

If you just wanted data or a poll for your own analysis and use, I apologize. I thought it was a dialog.

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X