Salute to Sarah Fisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salute to Sarah Fisher

A salute to Sarah Fisher, on starting her IRL team, officially today. One of the few links to the REAL Indy Racing League, still trying to hang on. Its not going to be easy, but I admire her giving it a shot. And, nice that 2 of the true pioneers of women drivers (Guthrie and St. James) were at the presser.

She will run at least 4 races this year (Indy, Texas, Kentucky and Chicago). She will run car #67 (which harkens back to her USAC days). Sponsorship will be announced soon. They have 1 car, being updated as we speak.

Good luck to her and the O'Gara's. They are good people and have been loyal to the IRL, from the early days. And, those are kinds of folks are still wanted, right?
    IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

:kk
    www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

I wish Sarah well...she was, at one time, the most popular driver in the IRL...even at a young age she was excellent with fans...
      Last edited by hdolan; 02-29-2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
        I wish Sarah well...she was, at one tinm, the most popular diriver in the IRL...even at a young age she was excellent with fans...
        And she could drive too. No AJ, Mario or Mears, but a decent driver when in a decent car.
        Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

I have great faith in Sarah. She has something left and with her own team there are no more excuses. She'll step up.
          "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
          --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
            And, those are kinds of folks are still wanted, right?
            Considering what the IRL is doing for the champcar refugees compared to the whole lot of nothing that Team Fisher will be receiving, I'd say that these kind of folk aren't wanted by the IRL.
            I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

Always happy to support the underdog...driver/owner is not the easiest of routes.
              "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

Originally posted by don7031
                Considering what the IRL is doing for the champcar refugees compared to the whole lot of nothing that Team Fisher will be receiving, I'd say that these kind of folk aren't wanted by the IRL.
                Yep.

Its pretty pathetic.
                IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Welcome to a new sponsor

Resq Energy Drink comes aboard as Sarah's primary sponsor. Judging by the picture of the can, this could be a really uniquely painted car...

Congrats to Sarah and the Fisher Racing Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
                    Resq Energy Drink comes aboard as Sarah's primary sponsor. Judging by the picture of the can, this could be a really uniquely painted car...

Congrats to Sarah and the Fisher Racing Team.
                    Check out Indycar.com, it's a beautiful car. Complete with wave.
                    "Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children." Ancient Indian Proverb :)

Comment

It is a nice looking car. Hope she does well in it and can make it full time.
                      Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

welp at least she is still going for her dream.

says something about her character, she's a fighter.
                        won't quit trying......

that makes her a winner in my book.

maybe her success will bring more of the same?
                        returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

Comment

what R22 said!
                          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I've always liked Sarah. ANY person who can set a track record in a midget at Winchester, IS a racer.

Good luck to all involved, keep chasing the dream girl!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by don7031
                              The deal was to run a full season Don, but you knew that.

Congrats to Sarah and her team. Best of luck to them.
                              "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
                              -John Morley

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X