Thanks to the IRL faithful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to the IRL faithful?

Am I the only one that noticed that the older IRL faithful seem to be left out of the announcement? Barnhart commented that he talked to AGR, Penske and Ganassi about the unification. What about your faithful like Foyt, Panther, D&R, etc.? I assume that they were also in the room, is it to much effort to say thanks to them as well? "Hey guys, thanks for your support over the past 10 years. Sorry that you don't get a free car or anything, but thanks for always being there. I know that some of you have lost a lot of money in the past and will continue to do so in the future, but we greatly appreciate it."
    Thanks to this unification thing there will be more traffic at the speedway. This sucks.

Sorry, but that sounds like talk to me.

Comment

That might have been an oversight. But, something Mr. Tony George should really be thankful for is that all the people in the IRL who put 33 cars on the starting line at Indy every year. Tho, I would not expect such a statement, but, that is an important item.

Comment

I can't believe he didn't thank TrackForum as well
        No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrangfeld
          I can't believe he didn't thank TrackForum as well
          You know, he should have thanked CCF for their time as well.
          "We won a few races here and there, but the magic died the day Helmet melted." - Doc Austin on slotcar champion Michael Shannon

Comment

Originally posted by mstrangfeld
            I can't believe he didn't thank TrackForum as well.
            Why he didn't thank each and every one of us personally, by handle, is baffling and an utter disgrace.
            "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
            --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon
              Why he didn't thank each and every one of us personally, by handle, is baffling and an utter disgrace.

...I'm shocked as well. I suppose that shows just where we rank, huh?!
              Last edited by indyracefan; 02-27-2008, 04:16 PM.
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon

I agree......I'm thinking that we were covered when Tony and Kevin said thanks to the fans................
                SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
                  I agree......I'm thinking that we were covered when Tony and Kevin said thanks to the fans................
                  thats not good enough for me but obviously i was mocking the original post
                  No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
                    No thanks is necessary, just give me race so I can give the sport some of my $

Comment

I hope he called Lee Brayton and thanked him.
                      "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                      Vice President, Marketing
                      IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Tony thanked me? Ohmygosh, I wasn't paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by grogg
                          Tony thanked me? Ohmygosh, I wasn't paying attention.

I heard him... He thanked me too...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X