PTISTHEBOSS's White Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTISTHEBOSS's White Paper

Here is my solution to the openwheel split.

TG runs one race only. Indy. He chooses the cars, engines, whatever. Keep callin it the IRL, who cares, just make it super cheap. My suggestion would be a spec chassis and motor, both for less than $300,000. Give everyone the same equipment and see the little guys return.

If it's this cheap, CC teams will come back, even if they use INDY only equipment. It will become a single race series. TG maintains his control and INDY gets back to where it used to be.

CC will understandably get stronger as the IRL teams come back. Maybe not, maybe they ony want to race Indy.

This is just my silly idea.

TG actually does what he said he would do, and this stupid split ends.

"Six Race Super Series"

1/3 healthy rivaly, 2/3 healthy idenity

Comment

Originally posted by ptistheboss
      Well, at least we finally agree on SOMETHING, the opperative word there being "silly."

That idea reminds me of some other white paper I use daily, and they hold the same thing.

I've got a much better idea. KK and GF go back to doing whatever it is they do, and American open wheel racing is automatically unified around the only open wheel race in this country that matters.

Seems simple enough to me, and it doesn't stink nearly as bad as your "white paper."

Comment

Here is mine. Champcar, CART, OWRS or whatever they call themselves shuts their doors. The owners of that organization then prostrate themselves in front of W 16th St & Georgetown Road and beg forgiveness.

In return for TG adopts the new Atlantics formula and agrees to a compromise spec that removes the air boxes from the IRL cars. He allows them to be involved as owners and promoters in the new IRL. Everyone makes a lot of money and the fans continue to fight on the message boards but at least they all spend their money in the same place.

Outlaw

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
          "Six Race Super Series"
          Keep preaching that, buddy. Some day the light is going to go on in someone's noggin and they'll start realizing that's the best way to solve this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by tbyars
            Keep preaching that, buddy. Some day the light is going to go on in someone's noggin and they'll start realizing that's the best way to solve this thing.
            I don't like this idea at all. To me this is no different than NASCAR running a race with ARCA or maybe the Hooters Pro Cup. All that does is drag NASCAR down and elevate the other series.

Outlaw

Comment

the thing is T.......it's so clear....within a 3 years, 5 max......we would be at a single series.....the dog events would simply disapear, and the team owners will run more and more events......in short oreder it's a single series again

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw
                I don't like this idea at all. To me this is no different than NASCAR running a race with ARCA or maybe the Hooters Pro Cup. All that does is drag NASCAR down and elevate the other series.

Outlaw
                beware how high a pedestal you put the IRL.......eventually you be able to see up it's dress and I doubt you will like what you see

Comment

Here is my white paper.

ChampCar runs one race only...Long Beach.

The rest of the open wheel racing season belongs to the IRL.

Some of the IRL teams might even want to run at Long Beach.

We will let them.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw
                    Here is mine. Champcar, CART, OWRS or whatever they call themselves shuts their doors. The owners of that organization then prostrate themselves in front of W 16th St & Georgetown Road and beg forgiveness.

Outlaw
                    I guess it is possible to get that high; Rocky Mountains or where ever.

Bartender, Bartender!

I want some of what he's havin'...

Comment

Yet another idealistic thread shot down in flames. Not that I'm arguing the validity of the concept one way or the other, it is simply depressing to see a non-confrontational thread turned into a series of one-liner pot shots.

That said after two years of unification moves that went nowhere I don't see the required atmosphere of trust and accomidation from either side to even entertain the possibility, and probably for good reason. For a moment put yourself in both pairs of IRL/CCWS shoes, after years of verbal barbs seething with contempt followed by unification powerplays there exist today no groundwork of trust to build on. To reach an agreement of mutual benefit one side must trust the words and motovations of the other party, otherwise you're only going to produce something akin to the 1939 Germany/USSR non-aggression pact.

With this atmosphere not changing anytime soon the only real scenario that brings all of Open Wheel together is one side going under for good. But then again someone with a money and ego surplus comes along and salvages one side, or NASCAR absorbs the other, and the sport remains fractured.

So we wait (and snipe at the enemy from the trenches).

Comment

I'll Repeat...

The Only way for Unification to occur in any reasonable time frame is for BOTH sides to give up something in roughly EQUAL proprotions.

CCWS is the Phoenix rising from the ashes (after having been left for dead) and the IRL doesn't have the momentum that it once had. TG missed his opportunity to take over a few years back and I think it will come back and bite him. The trouble is both sides want unification ONLY on their terms. That won't happen unless one side is on life support. It's like the USA and the USSR were a while back: who's going to run out of money first? If neither, what's the point of unification?

Comment

Originally posted by ptistheboss
                          Here is my solution to the openwheel split.

TG runs one race only. Indy. He chooses the cars, engines, whatever. Keep callin it the IRL, who cares, just make it super cheap. My suggestion would be a spec chassis and motor, both for less than $300,000. Give everyone the same equipment and see the little guys return.

If it's this cheap, CC teams will come back, even if they use INDY only equipment. It will become a single race series. TG maintains his control and INDY gets back to where it used to be.

CC will understandably get stronger as the IRL teams come back. Maybe not, maybe they ony want to race Indy.

TG actually does what he said he would do, and this stupid split ends.

Why in the world should Tony George have "control" of anything other than his track?
                          Claude

Comment

Originally posted by jdessar
                            Here is my white paper.

ChampCar runs one race only...Long Beach.

The rest of the open wheel racing season belongs to the IRL.

Some of the IRL teams might even want to run at Long Beach.

We will let them.
                            Your "white paper" wouldn't be white for long.
                            Claude

Comment

That idea reminds me of some other white paper I use daily, and they hold the same thing.
                              I figured I was going to be sorry if I opened this thread and I am.

Diet Sprite burns like hell when it shoots out of your nose.
                              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X