• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now there is Ford

More Draconian Measures?
    Ford Plant Closures TBA
    ...Always follow the money

Ford has Mustang.

New Focus will get some buzz from Daytona 500.

GM's got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lkchris
      Ford has Mustang.

GM's got nothing.
      Uhh, don't you mean Fusion?
      It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

GM's got nothing.
        Corvette podiums overall at Petite leMans.

uhhh, nevermind.
        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Fusion, Focus, Fieldmice....Whatever dude

Comment

Originally posted by irloyal
            Fusion, Focus, Fieldmice....Whatever dude
            Yep, I meant Fusion.

Shows how much I care about Ford.

Comment

Shows how much I care about Ford.
              Not if Stewart had been driving one.
              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin

That would only be one more reason not to like him.
                ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
                  Martha?

Comment

Ford has Mustang.

GM's got nothing.
                    Escalade, 'Vette, Denali, Hummer.........GM has plenty........it's just all on the high sticker, low volume side..............product is not the issue.......it's labor cost and they're moving to cut that..........yes it will be PAINFUL........but it's overdue........
                    the man in expensive shoes

Comment

GM and Ford are only afloat today because of their ability to sell products without doing any R&D, using the exact same designs for 30+ years, and with very very lax requirements... aka, SUV's/Pickups. The downturn in SUV sales and increased mid/small pickup competition with modern designs and technology is what is killing GM and Ford right now.

Unless they can break the labor costs by way of a bankruptcy or some agreement with UAW, they are in serious trouble. It looks like both are getting some deals from UAW, so they may be able to struggle on a bit and not be forced to make the mega cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygni
                        modern designs and technology

Well...at least GM has gotten away from a 10 hour labor quote for a water pump on a quad 4 motor. Anyone ever done one? Half the f'en motor has to be taken apart.
                        Honestly, the folks designing this stuff should be made to work on the junk they design.
                        And the consumer get's pissed off at US for the money they have to pay to get this crap fixed.
                        Even the most simple stuff is failing. It's frustrating at best to work at a service/parts dept. in a major American mfgr. dealership.

Idiots (the designers, that is...)
                        ...---...

Comment

[QUOTE=numrounofa.............product is not the issue.......it's labor cost and they're moving to cut that..........yes it will be PAINFUL........but it's overdue........[/QUOTE]

Yeh......they'll make all their cars in Japan, Korea or China and keep those people working instead of tax paying Americans. Free Trade is good..............if you're a foreign country...............

Don't bother buying American............we don't need no tax paying Americans working..................

Like I've said before, it won't be long untill there are either millionaires or burger flippers in this country. There won't be any "middle class"............
                          SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                          " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Man, I watched the "Test Drive" of the Z06 on speed last night.

Drool. I got a close up evaluation last August, and was pretty damned impressed.

What a car! I need a spare $70K.

GM has that. That car is better than the Ford GT. Although is not as cool looking (After having been in both, I can attest...) as the GT, it's a heck of a better peformance vs. dollar deal.

Wow.
                            Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

If I were to buy a domestic - and it's been quite a while, I really am sorry - it would be a Corvette or a Cadillac. The best of GM is very, very good, the C6 is outstanding, and the entire Caddy line is so fine. It's just that the middle of the lineup is so very very bad. There is the GTO, that'll always turn my head.

Ford? no.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X