Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourdais would like to try Busch/Trucks......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bourdais would like to try Busch/Trucks......

http://autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103553

say's IROC is fun, but he'd like to set up his car...........
    the man in expensive shoes

Well, as Mark Martin said, gotta be stupid not to look at the guy.

Comment

The thing I like about him is he doesn't appear to have the "I'm a big star" attitude. He says he'd like to try Busch or NCTS just to see if he has what it takes. It's not the "I want the straight shot to Cup" that another CC driver seemed to want a little earlier this year...

Comment

There are a bunch of drivers in the Trucks, Busch and Cup who DO set up their cars, and only a few get it right consistantly. The 4 race experience guy might not be the expert he imagines.
        "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
        "They're criminals"
        "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

At least he acknowledges that he doesn't do the setup, and would like to try.
          Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

I wish he'd give NASCAR a try. He's a great racer.
            DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

I'll watch him in whatever he drives but I think CC needs him more than Nascar does.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
                I'll watch him in whatever he drives but I think CC needs him more than Nascar does.

If his schedule would permit him, I think you'd see him doing a lot of different racing like the old days with Mario, the Unsers, Foyt, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain

If his schedule would permit him, I think you'd see him doing a lot of different racing like the old days with Mario, the Unsers, Foyt, etc.
                  His schedule should permit him lots of opportunites. Champ Car only has, what, a 13 or 14 race schedule.

Hey Sebastian, come on down.

Comment

15, and i dont really think a few 1 offs are going to give him the chance to succeed in todays NASCAR. He really would have to run the full season.

Comment

Well, I must admit to a real bias against the French. But Bourdalaise seems to be a little more intelligent than the average Frenchman, showing at least 2 or three synapses firing.

The kid is smart enough to try and build on what Mark Martin has said about him, and at least try to get some interest generated in seeing him in some form of NASCAR. I think he's a pretty good driver, and knows that F1 is most likely out of the picture, so If he wants to get rich racing cars, NASCAR is the next best bet.

Do you realize that the Top Busch and Truck series drivers are making significantly more money than 50% of the drivers in CC and the IRL???
                      ...Always follow the money

Comment

NASCAR is getting a bit more international. Marcos Ambrose, reigning double champion of the Australian V8 Supercar Series just signed to drive a truck for the Wood Brothers in the Craftsman Truck Series for 2006 with an eye at eventually moving up to the Cup series.

I think Marcos will make an impression right away.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/20837/

I don't have any problems with the French. Come on over Sebastian.

Comment

Originally posted by irloyal
                          Do you realize that the Top Busch and Truck series drivers are making significantly more money than 50% of the drivers in CC and the IRL???
                          Are you sure it's just 50%?
                          "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." --- Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by SLKRR
                            Are you sure it's just 50%?
                            Of the paid drivers, yeah. Add in the ride buyers and it jumps to even more.
                            ...Always follow the money

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X