So where was the McD promotion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So where was the McD promotion?

When McDonalds announced that it was a CCWS sponsor, it was proclaimed by certain zealots that this was a sign of the Second Coming of CART. That CCWS had hit the big time. That you wouldn't be able to swing a dead cat without hitting a CCWS promotion at the Golden Arches.

Some of us pointed out that the announcement didn't mean squat unless McDonalds did something with the association. We were roundly criticized by the crapfascists and CARTholics.

Sooooooo.... just how fantastic was that promotion?

I never saw squat connecting CCWS with McDonalds.

I said from the beginning. McDonalds didn't select CCWS. CCWS selected McDonalds. Mc Donalds, in spite of Mark C's rantings, never bought into the deal one iota. Smoke and mirrors.

Comment

That one turned from Mark C.'s second coming into a few gallons of paint on the side of one race car real fast.
      "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

The second coming of CART is upon us, but it isn't in ChampCar.

I'd like links to the claims you're making.

What McDonald's did bring is credibility. In the media, and with sponsors. For about 3 years, the ChampCar season finale was met with stories about how this could be the last race ever for the series.

Not this year. This year, the stories have been about growth, and vision for the future.

McDonald's was a key part of getting that ball rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by tbyars
          I said from the beginning. McDonalds didn't select CCWS. CCWS selected McDonalds. Mc Donalds, in spite of Mark C's rantings, never bought into the deal one iota. Smoke and mirrors.
          That’s why eveytime I ordered a SeaBass Happy Meal I got a blank stare!

Comment

C'mon, show me an OW team sponsor that's pushing CCWS or IRL outside of the racing community.

I can't think of many... Honda has the Andretti "turn left - turn left - turn left - right? why'd you wanna do that" thing, but other than that?

jono

Comment

Q

I was hoping for more. I think the main thing was it got some legit exposure to the series (as opposed to Sunnys BBQ)

At least that creepy Ronald wasn't hanging around SeeBass' car after a win trying to get on the camera. I still get nightmares...

Comment

I've noticed they've been selling "French" frys all year long.
                Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob
                  Well, I believe that HERE the announcement was met with the proper amount of

It was at OTHER places were those who thought it amounted to nothing were attacked.

What McDonald's did bring is credibility. In the media, and with sponsors. For about 3 years, the ChampCar season finale was met with stories about how this could be the last race ever for the series.
                  Please explain how this brought credibility? McDonald's didn't end those stories. KK's pile o'money did.

I think you are sadly mistaken. McDonald's hasn't done squat with this promotion as far as I have seen.

You've attempted to make a proof by assertion. If McDonald's did anything for the series, at least demonstrate what actions they took.

Comment

Zim,
                    You do realize that Sonny's BBQ is America's largest BBQ chain, with over 150 restaurants, right?

http://www.sonnysbbq.com/

Comment

Not this year. This year, the stories have been about growth, and vision for the future.

Boy if that spin didn't hit the rev limiter.

Comment

Well, 7-11, Klein Tools, Marlboro, the manufacturers and other IRL team sponsors have promotions going around races at the various IRL venues. I didn't hear once about Seabass signing autographs at a McDonald's in Portland or a special Champ Car Happy Meal in McDonald's locations in Cleveland during race week. As I said, this turned out to be some paint on a race car and a McDonald's executive or two getting a smile and some salad dressing from Paul Newman and that's about it.
                        "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

I wondered the same thing...I mean where was promotion?

I'm not the biggest CC fan in the world, but I did think that anything they would put in their stores would at least bring attention to major open wheel racing in this country.

Oh well.
                          ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by indycool
                            Well, 7-11, Klein Tools, Marlboro, the manufacturers and other IRL team sponsors have promotions going around races at the various IRL venues. I didn't hear once about Seabass signing autographs at a McDonald's in Portland or a special Champ Car Happy Meal in McDonald's locations in Cleveland during race week. As I said, this turned out to be some paint on a race car and a McDonald's executive or two getting a smile and some salad dressing from Paul Newman and that's about it.
                            Well it's getting some exposure here. Makes me want to go out and buy a Happy Meal.

Comment

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X