WiFi Markets, KK, & Champcar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiFi Markets, KK, & Champcar

Saw this from a story in today's Houston Chronicle.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...h/news/3461455

It talks about cities trying to set up WiFi services using broadband blah, blah, blah ... The thing that caught my eye was the broadband technology and the cities mentioned in the article.

Seoul is like the kingpin of WiFi markets. Portland is among the 3 largest in the US already up and running. Philadelphia is the next big thing. And Houston is considering it. Wasn't (or isn't) KK like one of the big kahunas in broadband technology?

The markets, the technology (broadband), and the ties to KK/CC were all a bit too easy for me to notice.
    "Don't believe the hype!"

KK was invested in fibre techs, not wireless as far as i know.

Comment

It is not a bad idea to shoot for technologically advanced cities. That is generally the market that champcar is looking for.

Outlaw

Comment

As Cygni said, based on his past associations, this is an issue where KK would probably come down on the side of those who oppose such efforts. His efforts were in fiber optic technologies, and the last thing he would want is a network effort that uses no hardwired backbone, because that eliminates the very technology he got rich supporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw
          It is not a bad idea to shoot for technologically advanced cities. That is generally the market that champcar is looking for.

Outlaw
          Heck, even the city I live in (Lakewood, right next to Cleveland) is starting to set-up WI-FI networks around the city. I can take my laptop into any of our library's today and get on-line for free. I would imagine it has a been a project Houston has been working on anyway...most cities in larger metro area's are.

You don't have to be an 'advanced' techno city, just have the awareness and motivation to get the network 'up and running'.

I don't think we will see a CCWS race in the streets of Lakewood any time soon .....but then we got that race by the Lake already.
          Brian W Keske
          bwkdesign.wordpress.com

"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."
          -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X