Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK says it's all about control :)

KK on Wind Tunnel:

"It's very much a part of our plans to control those things which affect our destiny."
    Huh. Sounds like he's copying TG

Surprised he didn't mention ovals, while also defending his Street Race strategy, seemingly over the "natural road courses", but unless I missed it, ovals didn't even come up.

What natural road courses does CC run? He said they ran a lot of them.

I do wish KK had just started an F1 team, or even an F3000-like series for North America, or something like that, instead of seeking to keep the NAOWR split going in prolonged antagonism of the series that supports the Indianapolis 500.
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Portland, Monterrey, Mexico City, Montreal, Cleveland (kinda), Edmonton (kinda).

I understand your frustration with KK saving CC. I wish TG had not decided to create the split just because he wanted to control the series that ran at Indy and not just control Indy.

Comment

Has anyone noticed a drop in leadership statements not only from Amigo Gentillozi but lately by Forsythe? It isn't the Three Amigos anymore or even the 2.1 Amigos, 1.2 Amigos? What happened to former PKV founding partner Craig Pollock? Now ask yourself what would happen to Indycar leadership after a few months of a reunified series with KK in a strong role?

Far as partners the guy uses them and loses them (or they move to the background), presents a fantasy world of press releases and PR doublespeak, evades questions, and buys friends instead of winning them. All IMHO.

Keep on keepin' on Indycar.

Comment

As for road courses, I would say Mexico City, Monterrey, Portland, Montreal, and Edmonton.

He said they would like to come back to Road America (an AWESOME road course) but that it was just not the right time.

I thought he was intelligent and engaging. He did sack up and say that the series is no where near where he wants it to be, but that they are two years in to his tenure there and he thought it may take two more years.

I'd be happy to see champcar just do road and street courses, and let the IRL handle the ovals. Do you IRL guys over here care if your series races on road and street courses or are you happy running an all oval schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13
          KK on Wind Tunnel:

Surprised he didn't mention ovals, while also defending his Street Race strategy, seemingly over the "natural road courses", but unless I missed it, ovals didn't even come up.

What natural road courses does CC run? He said they ran a lot of them.

I do wish KK had just started an F1 team, or even an F3000-like series for North America, or something like that, instead of seeking to keep the NAOWR split going in prolonged antagonism of the series that supports the Indianapolis 500.
          Prolonged antagonism? I didn't hear him mention the IRL at all tonight. Its pretty clear that he is passionate about Champ Cars, so I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for him to knuckle under anytime soon (if ever). He clearly believes that they can be successful without Indy. On the other hand, comments like you make, make it seem that the IRL can't survive without Champ Cars going away.

Road courses? How about Montreal and Mexico and Portland?
          If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13
            KK on Wind Tunnel:

Nice catch but I got there yesterday. Bottom of the page.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=949039

Comment

Originally posted by SportscarBruce
              Nice catch but I got there yesterday. Bottom of the page.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=949039
              Is TG really in control? Where are the engine specs, Where are the chassis specs? What happens when Honda decides to bail?

TG wanted to control CART? He got his wish. He should have been more careful about those wishes though.

KK on the other hand purchased Cosworth. And the rest is history.

Comment

Has anyone noticed a drop in leadership statements not only from Amigo Gentillozi but lately by Forsythe? It isn't the Three Amigos anymore or even the 2.1 Amigos, 1.2 Amigos? What happened to former PKV founding partner Craig Pollock? Now ask yourself what would happen to Indycar leadership after a few months of a reunified series with KK in a strong role?

Far as partners the guy uses them and loses them (or they move to the background), presents a fantasy world of press releases and PR doublespeak, evades questions, and buys friends instead of winning them. All IMHO.

Keep on keepin' on Indycar.
                If I say IMHO can I slam TG? I could say, IMHO TG is far too stupid to run anything. IMHO TG was handed everything he has and only knows how to spend spend spend. IMHO TG running a team is only slighly less hysterical than Ellen Degenrous marrying a man.

Comment

Portland, Monterrey, Mexico City, Montreal, Cleveland (kinda), Edmonton (kinda).
                  Portland is a natural terrain road course that has struggled financially and may be gone soon.

Monterrey is a temporary circuit on park roads and has also struggled and may be gone soon.

Montreal is strongly rumored to be gone next year.

Cleveland and Edmonton are temporary airport circuits.

Mexico City is a road course - but they've seen attendance fall by at least a third the last few years.

Make it one road course. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by ptistheboss
                    If I say IMHO can I slam TG? I could say, IMHO TG is far too stupid to run anything. IMHO TG was handed everything he has and only knows how to spend spend spend. IMHO TG running a team is only slighly less hysterical than Ellen Degenrous marrying a man.
                    A shot out of hatred and frustration doesn't make a dent in the points raised. I believe KK and his statements on WT is the topic, not TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Lux Interior

I'd be happy to see champcar just do road and street courses, and let the IRL handle the ovals. Do you IRL guys over here care if your series races on road and street courses or are you happy running an all oval schedule?
                      We have oodles of interesting archives that you should read...then come back to entertain us.

Comment

I know you guys do. A lot actually. I've been reading stuff here for the better part of a week now. There's a giant amount of info on this site. The open wheel split is a topic that I have much interest in.

Comment

For a newbe you sure have alot of knowledge of TG's sisters and Mary Hulman.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                            Portland is a natural terrain road course that has struggled financially and may be gone soon.

Monterrey is a temporary circuit on park roads and has also struggled and may be gone soon.

Montreal is strongly rumored to be gone next year.

Cleveland and Edmonton are temporary airport circuits.

Mexico City is a road course - but they've seen attendance fall by at least a third the last few years.

Make it one road course. Maybe.
                            When? One road course when? 2015?

Are any of the IRL's venues secure? Indy, that's it. CC has 2 they own.

Comment

A shot out of hatred and frustration doesn't make a dent in the points raised. I believe KK and his statements on WT is the topic, not TG.
                              I responded to your points. TG has little control of his series. KK has lots.

I was referring to your personal slams of KK. I have refrained from such comments about TG. I would very much like to slam TG, I want to know if its ok.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X