Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you turn down $50 million in sponsorship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you turn down $50 million in sponsorship?

Apparently, some teams have.

Moto GP Teams Reject $50 Million in Sponsorship
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Good. Less cigarette blood money in motorsports. The sooner they all get the bum's rush the sooner we can have a clean sport again.
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

You're right - beer and booze and fried fatty foods are much better sponsors. Clean.

Comment

Maybe I need to go back and read it again... I thought they rejected a rider that a sponsor wanted them to use.

I thought I had stumbled across an example of teams standing on princple and rejecting "ride buying"?

Hmmmm?

I guess I should have realized something was wrong my thinking... I mean it's not even passing my sniff test...

Well I've had a cold.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
        I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

The Rossi decision is based on his current "in's" with the Marlboro Ferrari team. That's why he needs to be clean of any "other" tobacco sponsorship. The Max Baiggi soap opera is almost comical. He's the Moto GP answer to Terrell Owens... Many have brought up the technical "challenged" of the current Honda. Rossi and Hayden both have mentioned in more politically acceptable ways about the current Honda adjustability, or lack-there-of... But Max is learning the hard way that doing business with the manuf's of the Rising Sun can be tricky if you decide to bad-mouth any one of them in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
            You're right - beer and booze and fried fatty foods are much better sponsors. Clean.
            When those products, used as directed, are lethal to the user AND to others, let me know.

Until then I don't see them as analogues.

Comment

Or analogous

They could possibly be an analgesic, maybe, I dunno
              There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by doitagain
                Or analogous

They could possibly be an analgesic, maybe, I dunno
                The word is "analogues". It is a noun. As in "I don't see them as analogues."

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=analogue

Analagous is an ADJECTIVE. As in "I don't see them as analagous". It describes the noun "them".

Both right.

Comment

Originally posted by Legaleez
                  When those products, used as directed, are lethal to the user AND to others, let me know.

What is the 'directed' dose of McDonalds?
                  The IRL set a direction in 1996, has followed its plan, and has not deviated from it.

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinRommel
                    I give up, what is it?

http://www.rotten.com/library/crime/...appy-meals.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinRommel
                      How many people does you eating 12 happy meals harm?
                      And nutritional info usually comes "per serving". That should give you a hint.

Comment

I just spit coffree out my nose!
                        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

How many people does you eating 12 happy meals harm?
                          ...snip...
                          Here's where somebody's mon steps in and talks about starving children in Africa........
                          ...Always follow the money

Comment

Funny, I don't recall finding the directions for the last six-pack I bought. I just bite the top off.........
                            ...Always follow the money

Comment

Originally posted by irloyal
                              Funny, I don't recall finding the directions for the last six-pack I bought. I just bite the top off.........
                              Alcohol companies, while not saintly by any means, spend millions on "responsible drinking" campaigns.

Cigarette companies spend a great deal more trying to worm their way around the law so that they can continue to market their product to young people.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X