Company Sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company Sponsorship

There are several companies like this, but here is an example of someone who SHOULD have a team. It would seriously benifit them.

This is a company with $7 Billion in Profit, 255,000 employees, $12.8 Billion revenue from various business partners, and a Cellular service with 49.3 million subscribers. The company is expanding it's in home service to include a Fiber Optic TV on demand service, and Broadband Internet 5-10x the speed of Cable. Next year they will spend on the order of $50-100 million on TV and Print ads, plus sponcering numerous local construction projects, and stadiums.

Internet Service Partners - Yahoo, and D-Link
    Wireless partners - Motorola, LG, Samsung

Show them how it would help them.. Reach a new customer base...
    How Open Wheel sponcership could/should be the cornerstone of there overall ad campain for next year, focusing on speed to counter COMCAST, and reliability of the 500 to counter Sprint Wireless.

I can see two cars. Verizion-Yahoo car, and Verizion Wireless-Motorola car.
    "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

let's play a little game of role playing. I’ll play the marketing /advertising manager for VZ and you play a IRL team marketing person.

Ok, let’s hear your sales pitch? What can you do for VZ?

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS
      Ok, let’s hear your sales pitch? What can you do for VZ?
      Your billionaire execs can come to Indy in May and munch all the MugNBun tenderoins and Longs donuts they desire..... We may even let 'em walk by Danica's motorhome.....
      Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation
        Your billionaire execs can come to Indy in May and munch all the MugNBun tenderoins and Longs donuts they desire..... We may even let 'em walk by Danica's motorhome.....
        Yup! That's about it!

But seriously Mr. IRL Team Owner, I have an annual advertising and marketing budget of $50m. What are your plans on how you’re going to provide me with $50m worth of exposure next year?

Comment

Verizon doesnt really have anybody to wine and dine, and they certainly dont need to spend millions on a niche sport for public advertisement. Hence: No openwheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygni
            Verizon doesnt really have anybody to wine and dine.
            What about that "Can you hear me now?" guy.

Outlaw

Comment

The quick version of the sponsorship proposal would be:

Look at what Nextel has done in NASCAR. You can do similar things in IndyCar for about 1/10th the money, with about 1/3 the results over twice the time period.

Comment

The US economy is $20 Trillion. There are over 500 billionaires now. There are tens of thousands of companies spending millions of dollars a year on marketing. NASCAR has 5-50 sponsors per car, and between Bush and Cup there is almost 100 cars like that with no ride buying I see. How many of these, can you show the power of pure speed of IRL cars, or the Value of openwheel racing over NASCAR. You don’t point to the 1/3 the exposure, but you show the advantages IRL cars have. When people think of ‘fast cars’ or ‘Speed’ they think of IRL cars, which are no compromise all out speed. Generally the market for IRL is somewhat different than NASCAR. Some overlap is always the case in any two sports, but the IRL is as different from NASCAR as Football is from Soccer. The IRL is more of a white collar sport, and NASCAR is more of a blue collar.

You think the IRL is costly, well it is. You think it costs more than a SuperBowl commercial? Well it does. With racing sponsorship you get more than with a superbowl commercial, but doesn’t really replace a superbowl commercial. It really compliments an existing ad campaign more than replace, or over right any existing marketing focus. To compare IRL support to a superbowl commercial isn’t correct. More accurate to say, what would it cost for your company to sponsor a whole NFL team, and have your name on there jerseys, and helmets, etc? Hundreds of millions, right?

With racing sponsorship, you have a whole team with your name on there car, outfit, helmets, etc. It’s not a 30 sec ad, one time, reaching millions of people, once. It’s a 3 hour race, 14 times a year with up to 350,000 people in attendance at a time, and up to many millions in the US and abroad watching on TV.

Indy style open wheel racing, could and should, be an integral part of any major marketing strategy. If any company is using an ad campaign to focus on speed, or accuracy, power, or endurance, then the IRL should be part of there campaign.

Another thing to consider, when you have a major ad campaign, the campaign itself very rarely has a fan base of its own. With sports marketing, the fans of the sport become fans of the product the star is using or endorsing. With Michael Jackson’s Nike was an amazing partnership, but that comes around in most games once in a lifetime. In racing marketing it is even more acquit. Fans get to know a driver and want what he supports, and supports him. IRL admittedly has a smaller fanbase than does the NFL, or NASCAR, but considering the prices of running either of those ad campaigns on a large scale, and the IRL is a much better value to any company. The team behind you, the series, genre fans, series fans, and obvious recognition gives you something in Racing sponsorship that is an unmatched value.

In many cases, it can cost you even less, because the team can work with your major business partners, and your company, to give them some of what they want in marketing, and split the costs among several companies. Verizion Wireless/Motorola car, with D-Link Support, and a Verizion FIOS/Yahoo Search car with D-Link support would be a example of how that could work. Each partner could put up some of the money, and everyone can use the car, driver, and team in their ad campaigns. Verizion gets to use it in there high speed FIOS commercial, as well as about there new FIOS Fiber network going to every home. Verision Wireless gets to use the car in conjunction with there ‘hear me now’ commercial. Motorola can use the team/car to demonstrate how there communications headsets, or cell phones, or other systems work. D-Link can use them to demonstrate the wireless networking between notebooks, and acquisition equipment, and websites with real time telemetry. (blackberry in the stands looking at the same thing the team sees??) Yahoo can use their support to demonstrate how quick, and accurate there search engine is, or new aspects of there web integration tools (my.yahoo.com) or the extent of there web services. These are just simple examples, and the team can talk to them with you, and really seriously make this cost efficient, and effective for everyone involved.

How Indy style, or Open Wheel racing differentiates itself from other racing genre are the look of the cars for one, and singular purpose. You are not going to carry groceries, or pull a boat with a Indy style car, but also in performance. Cars regularly run over 220mph for hours on end, and do not even let up going into most turns.

That’s about all I can come up with in the few minutes here watching the news.
                "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Brantoc
                  It’s a 3 hour race, 14 times a year with up to 350,000 people in attendance at a time, and up to many millions in the US and abroad watching on TV.
                  14 Times a year? What if one of the smart staffers asks why it was 17 times a year last year.

Up to 350,000 people in attendance at a time? Kind of misleading isn't it? For one race the IRL gets about 100,000 less than that, for the rest of the year it averages about 10% of that . . . . . maybe.

Up to many millions in the US and abroad watching on TV? Again, many millions in the US for one race and zeropointsomethingorother ratings for most of the other races. And I've yet to see any documentation on the people abroad watching. Kinda reminds me of the days when Marksie used to claim that half the population of the Peoples Republic of China were avid CART fans.

BTW, you might want to cut down on your mentioning of NASCAR in your presentation. You say the work "NASCAR" six times, five times in just one paragraph. You just might keep pounding away with that name and get them to thinking . . . . . . . "hmmmmmmm, NASCAR, there must be some reason that so many companies are involved there."
                  DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS
                    Yup! That's about it!

But seriously Mr. IRL Team Owner, I have an annual advertising and marketing budget of $50m. What are your plans on how you’re going to provide me with $50m worth of exposure next year?
                    If you race at Indianapolis, that will expose you to half a million fans up front, and several million more on national television. Racing fans are a loyal lot and if they see you sponsoring their favorite driver, team or just sponsoring your sport, they will buy your product and expose even more (the non-race fan) to it through word of mouth and product usage.

But remember I get about a 15% cut.

Comment

Last time I checked, the cornerstone event the IRL has, is quite a bit larger than 100k. Maybe in Texas, or St. Pete you'll have 100k, but I think Indy is more.

ok. substitute NASCAR for 'other types of racing' or somethign simular. There is always more than one wany of using words to get your point accross.

It's not a matter of the demographics of north american openwheel fan in The Peoples Republic of China I'm trying to get across. I highly dought the CEO of a north american telephone company is going to call a guy in Pau Queng, and ask how many farmers in central China are race fans. This isn't what I do for a living (maybe for good reason)

The IRL, and Open wheel racing in general have a large international audiance, that some people here just don't understand. We have forum members from Australia, Brazil, Argentina, UK, various eastern Europian nations and elsewhere. If you see one person here, odds are there are more, not here.

Comment

Give it a shot

Comment

Do you really think nobody has tried? Countless number of people have submited proposals including all the big teams, but all have been rejected. There is no interest because the ROI does not justify spending millions.

Comment

Originally posted by Brantoc
                            That’s about all I can come up with in the few minutes here watching the news.
                            All that’s very interesting but, let’s talk hard numbers. Based on past performance, what sort of rating numbers are you willing guarantee for next year? How about Joyce Julius numbers? What can I expect there?

As said, I have $50m to spend on marketing and, I’m going to spend it where I can get the most for my money.

Keep in mind; I’m not looking for a bargain. I’m looking for $50m worth of exposure.

I hear that there’s this other racing series that averages 4.7 ratings over a 10 month schedule. Why shouldn’t I look at them instead of you?

Comment

Originally posted by Fueler
                              The quick version of the sponsorship proposal would be:

Look at what Nextel has done in NASCAR. You can do similar things in IndyCar for about 1/10th the money, with about 1/3 the results over twice the time period.
                              I can do???? I was under the impression that you were going to do something for US. Like market exposure!

Next!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X