Forget Open Wheel Unification - Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Open Wheel Unification - Ever

Kevin Kalkhoven has made it clear that the feud will continue, and that he intends to be a feud participant.
    From Speedtv.com - "Everyone agrees it would be better to have a single series. However, we have extended an olive branch on several occasions, but always to no avail. We no longer work with that possibility in our future planning.”
    NASCAR will continue to rake in the large piles of $$$$$$$$$.

Originally posted by Richie Racer
    Kevin Kalkhoven has made it clear that the feud will continue, and that he intends to be a feud participant.
    From Speedtv.com - "Everyone agrees it would be better to have a single series. However, we have extended an olive branch on several occasions, but always to no avail. We no longer work with that possibility in our future planning.”
    NASCAR will continue to rake in the large piles of $$$$$$$$$.

Or, in an amazing development, sports writers will focus not on the split but the great racing each series offers, and fans will enjoy 2 different series.

For some reason, we can literally have 100 different types of salad dressing to choose from these days, but we have to be force fed the concept that only one series is desirable.

I like both series, always have, and especially enjoyed getting many more oval races than CART 1995 was offering. Felt like a kid watching his parents fight most of the time.

The year we go thru a season without talking about reunification will be the best thing for both series. Writers have become lazy, they dust off the same reunification article they wrote 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyJim
      Or, in an amazing development, sports writers will focus not on the split but the great racing each series offers, and fans will enjoy 2 different series.

For some reason, we can literally have 100 different types of salad dressing to choose from these days, but we have to be force fed the concept that only one series is desirable.

I like both series, always have, and especially enjoyed getting many more oval races than CART 1995 was offering. Felt like a kid watching his parents fight most of the time.

The year we go thru a season without talking about reunification will be the best thing for both series. Writers have become lazy, they dust off the same reunification article they wrote 6 years ago.

I agree Indy.
      I know what Indy means!

Comment

That works for me.

Comment

Me too!

Comment

We don't always see eye to eye, but I agree with you completely.

Leave the road races to OWRS and the Ovals to IRL and everybody will be happy.... well, more than are happy now anyway.
            "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

To paraphrase Don Bardzini (Richard Conte) in Godfather I, "So there will be the peace, the trafficing in racing will be separate but controlled. Mr. Kalkoven will work in the streets and Mr. George will provide political protection with ISC tracks." And all there is to do is wait for the baptism of Connie's baby.
              "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
              "They're criminals"
              "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

How many professional hockey series are there?
                Football?
                Basketball?
                Baseball?

Salad dressing is different from sport. Besides, I'd bet most salad dressing companies actually make a profit. Novel concept, I know.

jono

Comment

Indy first and formost!

Comment

Uhhhhh, ok. Works for me.
                    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

never wanted anything to do with the Three Amigos.. How long till one of them brings up the IRL again? Im guessing very soon
                      "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

He didn't bring it up, maybe you should actually read the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin

Uhhhhh, ok. Works for me.

Comment

I never understood why anybody would be interested in unification, they are two distinct series with different cars, tracks and fans. A unified series would always have too many roads/streets for oval fans and too many ovals for road/street fans, guaranteed disappointment for everyone. I think that the IRL should stick to ovals with Indy as the centerpiece and CCWS should stick to roads/streets. I think the only unification that is needed is to cease the trash talking from both sides and perhaps try to work the schedules so that there are no competing events and they can focus their efforts to attempt to make a dent in NASCAR instead of trying to kill each other.

Comment

Originally posted by elio
                              He didn't bring it up, maybe you should actually read the article.
                              I'd be glad to if he had posted a link.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X