Molstar shuts down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molstar shuts down?

Mark C is reporting that Molstar's TV production arm will be dissolved soon and that all of their employees will be let go. This may explain why Molson was in such a hurry to jettison their Toronto race - they may want to divest themselves of as much non-brewing business as they can before the end of the year. Obviously, this leaves CC looking for a TV production company - again.

Maybe CC should start their own production co. I know where that can find some employees with previous experience who are looking for work.

Comment

If you're going to post news from MarkC (who's credible now?), you might as well post the entire story.

The head of Molstar is heading up a new company with the same crew. CC is also talking to Terry Lingner, who is no longer doing IRL broadcasts.

Comment

I'm not so sure about Lingner Group. I have a friend who knows them well, I'll let you know what he says.

Comment

I always thought the Lingner Group did a great job with the CC broadcasts.

That being said, Molstar also did a great job this past year. I'm hoping CC can continue with the new group.

Comment

He should be careful, with Molson-Coors being a publically traded company, isn't he revealing insider information? If anyone were to act on that, I believe he could be in hot water.

jono

Comment

Perhaps it is public already. If the employees have been given notice, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                I'm not so sure about Lingner Group. I have a friend who knows them well, I'll let you know what he says.
                I have a friend. Why was I expecting this sort of response.

Hey ask your friend if the other half of this organization which you forgot to mention has ever worked with the IRL...

Report back when you can
                Some people are like a Slinky .... Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile
                when you shove them down the stairs.

Comment

What are you talking about? It is well known that Lingner has worked for both CART and the IRL and have been most recently working for the IRL. At this point, I'm not sure if Lingner is still under contract to IMS or to ABC but I'll try and find out. Is that the answer you were looking for?

Comment

Isn't Linger the guys that went over budget and didn't pay some of their staff and did the terrible CC stuff a year or two ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Invader Zim
                      Isn't Linger the guys that went over budget and didn't pay some of their staff and did the terrible CC stuff a year or two ago?
                      I thought that was Beetleguise (sp?).
                      It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Yup, BeetleJuice went Tango Uniform working for CC. I thought at one point that CC was going to use the bones of that company and their people and do their own production but they went with Molstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                          Yup, BeetleJuice went Tango Uniform working for CC. I thought at one point that CC was going to use the bones of that company and their people and do their own production but they went with Molstar.
                          Not only did Beatleguise fail as a corporation, it failed to deliver a television product workth watching. It was very difficult to watch, since their production did nothing for the tv viewer.

-TU

Comment

Originally posted by jonovision_man
                            He should be careful, with Molson-Coors being a publically traded company, isn't he revealing insider information? If anyone were to act on that, I believe he could be in hot water.

jono
                            Well, if the information is based in fact that is positive news for stockholders and potential stockholders so who would complain? Now it was a part of a concerted disinformation campaign effort on the part of Molson-Coors aimed at artificially inflating the value of the company that is a different matter...

Comment

Would CC be willing to pay the freight for a Lingner or would it be cheaper to hire out the old Molstar group? Hard to tell, because we don't know how Molstar played into the big Molson-CC picture/package. In any event, it'll be three different production companies in three years. Betelguese went belly-up and Molstar apparently has been disbanded after a season with CC. In past history with CART/CC, in the case of lousy ratings, they blame the production company. Here we go again.
                              "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X