Texas Final TV Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Final TV Ratings

NBC's coverage of the inaugural fall NASCAR Nextel Cup race from Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday earned a 5.1 national rating/10 share, a 4% increase from the comparable race last year (4.9/10 in Phoenix). With only two races left in the "Chase for the Nextel Cup," the eight "Chase" races are averaging a 4.5 rating on NBC & TNT, up 5% from 2004 (4.3) and up 10% for the comparable eight races in 2003 (4.1). Season to date, NASCAR on NBC & TNT is rating a 4.7, up 8% from 2004 (4.4).(NBC PR)(11-9-2005)
    Sorry!

Too bad the scaled annual rights fees paid to NASCAR by NBC/Fox outpaces the viewership gain % year to year.

The only one that really wins is NASCAR.

Comment

A 5.1 against the NFL. That's pretty good.
      DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by SportscarBruce
        Too bad the scaled annual rights fees paid to NASCAR by NBC/Fox outpaces the viewership gain % year to year.

The only one that really wins is NASCAR.
        Question:
        How do you accurately determine what something is worth?

Answer:
        What somebody is willing to pay for it, but you knew that, right? You can argue until the cows come home about intrinsic value or ROI, but the the price paid is what that item is worth at that point to that person or entity. Pretty simple really.

Please let me know when they are no longer on network TV. Maybe then we can discuss the imminent demise of NASCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Roy
          A 5.1 against the NFL. That's pretty good.
          Well the only good team wasn't playing until Monday Night.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

which drew the highest ratings, IIRC, since 2000. I even watched, and I'm a Bears fan.
            www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruok
              Question:
              Please let me know when they are no longer on network TV. Maybe then we can discuss the imminent demise of NASCAR.
              Or if their TV "Partner" instructs them to "condense" their schedule.
              DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that one of their TV partners was trying to push some races over to cable. Must be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                  I thought I read somewhere that one of their TV partners was trying to push some races over to cable. Must be wrong.

I'm afraid you are wrong. It was reported that "according to television sources", that NBC might be interested in selling the final year of their contract.

NBC may not want last year of TV deal

COMPILED BY MIKE MULHERN

• NBC might be interested in selling the final year of its NASCAR Nextel Cup contract (2006) to TV partner Turner (TNT), according to television sources.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X