Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCWS 2,000,000+ fans, bigger than NASCAR

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CCWS 2,000,000+ fans, bigger than NASCAR

    During the CCWS Mexico City race, it was announced that they had 2,000,000+ attendance for the season, with only 14 events this would be an average per event of at least 142,857. In a marketing packet that NASCAR supplies to prospective sponsors they claim an average attendance of 120,000. Does CCWS really think that the public and sponsors believe that they are more popular than NASCAR? Why do they continue to overstate attendance way past the point of what is reasonable?

  • #2
    To be fair, at no point, EVER, has ChampCar claimed to be "bigger than NASCAR".

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by morden
      To be fair, at no point, EVER, has ChampCar claimed to be "bigger than NASCAR".

      No,but they claim that more people go to their races than NASCAR races,which is complete garbage.

      At some point,even the most slavish fanboys have to sit up and say,''all this hyperbole is just embarassing.''

      That day has not yet arrived.
      ...the spice must flow.....

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't want to debate attendance, I just wanted to correct the original poster. ChampCar has never pronounced that they're "bigger than NASCAR".

        Comment


        • #5
          Some people can divide by 3, some cannot. Did Texas have 370,700 last weekend or 195,400? The answer is on this board.

          Comment


          • #6
            so that's why the tv ratings for CCWS are lower than the truck series
            all the potential viewers are at the track........
            Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

            Comment


            • #7
              It's baffling, based on claimed attendance, the CCWS is the most popular racing series in the world. Yet, so few people watch them on TV that they have to buy air time while attendance also rans like Nextel Cup and F1 have billion dollar TV deals. How can you explain this discrepancy? Could it be that CCWS fans are too poor to afford TV's?
              I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

              When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by don7031
                It's baffling, based on claimed attendance, the CCWS is the most popular racing series in the world. Yet, so few people watch them on TV that they have to buy air time while attendance also rans like Nextel Cup and F1 have billion dollar TV deals. How can you explain this discrepancy? Could it be that CCWS fans are too poor to afford TV's?
                Not even close. ChampCar CLEARLY releases THREE DAY attendance totals. NASCAR, F1, etc... DONT release attendance totals, and when they do, they are ONE DAY totals.

                They ALWAYS have. One day, some will have to put their head in that box and understand that.

                142,000 A WEEKEND.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Scott
                  During the CCWS Mexico City race, it was announced that they had 2,000,000+ attendance for the season, with only 14 events this would be an average per event of at least 142,857. In a marketing packet that NASCAR supplies to prospective sponsors they claim an average attendance of 120,000. Does CCWS really think that the public and sponsors believe that they are more popular than NASCAR? Why do they continue to overstate attendance way past the point of what is reasonable?
                  I am pretty sure that is a weekend total, and not race days.

                  Big difference.
                  If CD’s were spun in the opposite direction, would it say everything backwards?

                  "Fun is where it's at. That's why you have to be there!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cygni
                    Not even close. ChampCar CLEARLY releases THREE DAY attendance totals. NASCAR, F1, etc... DONT release attendance totals, and when they do, they are ONE DAY totals.

                    They ALWAYS have. One day, some will have to put their head in that box and understand that.

                    142,000 A WEEKEND.


                    Cygni gets it.
                    After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

                    October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Richard Kimble
                      No,but they claim that more people go to their races than NASCAR races,which is complete garbage.

                      At some point,even the most slavish fanboys have to sit up and say,''all this hyperbole is just embarassing.''

                      That day has not yet arrived.
                      When they start yapping about it endlessly on the air, then it will be embarrassing.

                      As of yet, it has not reached that point. Not like when the USGA ceaselessly raved about their charitable donations to organizations to assist the disabled during the telecast of the last US Open at Pebble, while fighting tooth and nail to deny Casey Martin's civil rights at the same time.

                      Or dare I say it, not like when ABC's "broadcast team" spent 80 percent (conservatively) of the most IRL race broadcasts raving about Danica Patrick while ignorning the fact that, since its a "race", the competitive athletes should get the attention.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Or how about the 'Hurricane Relief' that seemed to be forgotten before the last fan had scurried for the exits?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                          Or how about the 'Hurricane Relief' that seemed to be forgotten before the last fan had scurried for the exits?
                          Streeeetttccchhhhh...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The IRL race here in texas has 102k, The night before had 85k for the trucks. The day before that was qualifying and had the turnstyles open, and not counting, but had I'd say 40k+.

                            Did the IRL Claim 227k? No, they use standard math, and claim 102k.

                            CC had a race in Mexico City, and had 90% of the 85k seats full on race day, and about 15% at most the day before for qualifying and the Rolex race. They had a healthy general admissions crowd, so they claim 277k.

                            Math vs New Math.

                            Did Clinton ballance the budget, or was it due to the way they counted interest in the deficet? .. hmm.. Clinton changed the way it was counted, and instantly ballanced it.

                            New Math

                            1+1=2 is true
                            1+1=5 is also true, if you understand the value of 1.
                            "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cygni
                              NASCAR, F1, etc... DONT release attendance totals, and when they do, they are ONE DAY totals.
                              F1 releases 3 day totals. Has done so for some time at most races. The local press always carries the event total for Melbourne, Suzuka, Silverstone, Sepang etc (those ones I know for fact and I'll find you links if you want)

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X