Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester street race

Is this a go for next year?

I don't have the link but recall everything was all set in 2004[for 2005] but the CART boys wanted to wait a year for all the wrinkles to get ironed out.

So,how'd the ironing go?
    ...the spice must flow.....

On an unrelated noter, I prefer to catch fish while stationairy, rather than when the boat is moving.

What's that called again when you fish with a moving boat?
    "When people say there's nothing wrong with the product, that all it needs is better marketing and promotion, that's a pretty good clue they don't know they have a product nobody wants," Tommy Kendall, 6/19/04

Comment

Originally posted by chuckwagon
      On an unrelated noter, I prefer to catch fish while stationairy, rather than when the boat is moving.

What's that called again when you fish with a moving boat?

You call it a troll,but I want to know what happened to this race.I don't recall hearing any kind of cancellation or postponement.

Is it still on,for some future date,or is it dead?

Comment

I thought the plan was to work out a back to back schedule with Hanover.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble
          I don't recall hearing any kind of cancellation or postponement.
          That's funny, I don't recall seeing this venue in a kind of annoucement or schedule

Comment

Originally posted by morden
            That's funny, I don't recall seeing this venue in a kind of annoucement or schedule

Your wrong.

One of the 2/3 amigo's said the deal was essentially done but needed a year to put all the pieces in place.I have Googled it but cannot find anything.Perhaps Jim can find the salient documents.

Comment

Sorry, this race was never announced as part of the schedule... its about as 'on the schedule' as Philly is. Discussions dont equal a race, especially street race discussions. The return to Europe was tied on getting more than one venue onboard, as CC has said all along. Manchester may be ready to go... but that doesnt seal the deal for a trip across the Atlantic.

I hope ChampCar never returns to Europe, personally.

Comment

Never a hope of a street race around Manchester. They'd need an Act of Parliament to suspend the traffic laws for a start. Plus it'd rain.
                "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

Is this a go for next year?

I don't have the link but recall everything was all set in 2004[for 2005] but the CART boys wanted to wait a year for all the wrinkles to get ironed out.

So,how'd the ironing go?

I guess this would be along the same lines:

How are plans for the 2006 IRL Long Beach Grand Prix Coming? I could have sworn I read somewhere where TG assured folks that the IRL would race there in 2006.

Oh, and that Montreal IRL race in 2006 too. How are those plans coming along? I know neither was on the ICS 2006 schedule, but then again, niether was the Manchester race on the 2006 CCWS schedule.
                  After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

Comment

Q. Hoe do you spell Manchester in Irelian?

A. San Antonio

Comment

Massive deflection,as usual.

Talk about thin skinned,the CARTers get all huffy and seemlessly interject the IRL when the IRL wasn't mentioned.

I never said it was on the sched,KK just said there was ''a good possiblity for the race in 2006.''
                      The article is in the Speed archives,but I found the story archived on ten-tenths.My browser is too screwed at the moment to be able to post the link.

Just as I said,all gung ho,the race was pretty much on,then.....nothing.

Comment

When there's news, we'll be sure to tell you then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                          Q. Hoe do you spell Manchester in Irelian?

A. San Antonio

You don't[or can't,or both]

Comment

no more deflection than agenda

move along

your either part of the problem or the solution

Comment

Talk about thin skinned,the CARTers get all huffy and seemlessly interject the IRL when the IRL wasn't mentioned.

I never said it was on the sched,KK just said there was ''a good possiblity for the race in 2006.''
                              The article is in the Speed archives,but I found the story archived on ten-tenths.My browser is too screwed at the moment to be able to post the link.

Just as I said,all gung ho,the race was pretty much on,then.....nothing.
                              http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/10951/

Hmmm. No KK quotes, just a blurb from a British daily.
                              "When people say there's nothing wrong with the product, that all it needs is better marketing and promotion, that's a pretty good clue they don't know they have a product nobody wants," Tommy Kendall, 6/19/04

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X