Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The traveling circus and Plan B

Today's print version of the Journal de Montreal had this story:

Kevin Kalkhoven's plan in case Legault doesn't reach an agreement with Champ Car for 2007......The B plan could be St-Hubert airport.

When asked about the B plan this weekend, Kalkhoven said that Legault can prevent Champ Car from racing at Gilles-Villeneuve, but he can't prevent Champ Car from racing in Québec. When asked if an airport was in his mind he kind of smiled and when asked about St-Hubert, he kind of grinned....

This airport is 7 miles east of downtown Montreal in the suburb of Longueuil. With that said, we were under the impression the race would be in Quebec City, not Longueuil.
    Seems to follow a familiar pattern. At Long Beach, KK threatened to move to an LA street race before buying the event from Dover. CC dumped Laguna for San Jose and left Road America and Mid-Ohio behind, to say nothing of Brands Hatch and all of the ovals tossed away. He's talked about dumping Milwaukee and Las Vegas and replacing them with street events and there have been rumors about the future of Portland. Here comes the greatest show on the street! Until the public gets tired of it and they pack up for another city, blaming the fans and the promoters in the process.

I'm pretty sure Le Journal de Montreal is a French-language newspaper. Where did you get your translation? Any links to the original French?

Comment

Seems more like Mark C from Autoracing1.com in which he partially quotes the Journal de Montreal.
      Let's go racin !

Comment

MarkC is posting a scan of the article in French, but it's still incomplete.

Comment

Comment

That's not exactly readable.

Comment

They had a full page about "Champ Car"?

That's a little small.

BTW - this isn't another city, it's a suburb of Montreal. You could throw a rock from l'isle de Notre Dame and hit it.

You can see the Gille Villeneuve circuit on the left, and the airport in question on the right:
              http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Longueu...0.206131&hl=en

jono

Comment

morden, you're right, I've been caught red-handed. Everything I've posted is a complete fabrication and what the article REALLY says is that Molson is going to pour millions into the series. After worshipping at the shrine of Saint Hubert, the CEO of Molstar has decided to fund races at Calgary, Moose Jaw and Yellow Knife in addition to the three other wildly successful Canadian races. I am so ashamed that I have been found out. I should have realized that eagle eye readers like yourself would see through this ploy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                  After worshipping at the shrine of Saint Hubert, the CEO of Molstar has decided to fund races at Calgary, Moose Jaw and Yellow Knife in addition to the three other wildly successful Canadian races.
                  Oh please, Red Deer would be WAY ahead of Moose Jaw.

jono

Comment

Jim, I never accused you of fabricating this. But all I've seen so far are loose translations of a printed article. I don't doubt it's authenticity; I'd just like to read it in French without the bias of Internet evangelism.

Montreal is my home race so I have keen interest in what transpires here. I'll reserve judgment until I've read the material for myself.

Now, you may continue your regularly scheduled jihad

Comment

If this is your home race, why not zip down to the newsstand and get a copy of the paper? I've checked the website and so far, nothing, so you'd be doing all of us a favor. As well as the legions of fans in Moose Jaw.

Comment

Jim Wilke......no one is accusing you of anything. But I think your "quote" is actually Mark C's article in the rumour section in Autoracing1 in which he refers to the newspaper column.
                        Just did that for clarification!

I'm sure a link will follow soon!
                        Let's go racin !

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                          If this is your home race, why not zip down to the newsstand and get a copy of the paper?
                          I was going to, but it appeared Mark was posting a scan on his site so I figured I'd wait and see if he fixes it.

If not, I have some business out of the house later on and I'll grab a copy then.

Comment

Originally posted by morden
                            I was going to, but it appeared Mark was posting a scan on his site so I figured I'd wait and see if he fixes it.

If not, I have some business out of the house later on and I'll grab a copy then.
                            Can you pick up some milk and bread while you're out?

jono

Comment

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X