NASCAR'S latest bad idea/money grab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR'S latest bad idea/money grab

NASCAR announced Wednesday a licensing agreement with romance series publisher Harlequin Enterprises Ltd.

Under the agreement, Harlequin will publish women's fiction titles as part of the NASCAR Library Collection. The upcoming novels, written be bestselling Harlequin authors, will have plotlines centering on NASCAR and will feature the NASCAR brand on their covers.

The debut novel, "In the Groove," by Pamela Britton, is set to release in late January, just before the Daytona 500.

"NASCAR continues to attract more and more female fans," said Mark Dyer, NASCAR vice president of licensing. "The new NASCAR Harlequin titles should be a real attraction for this segment of our fans."

Financial terms of the agreement were not reported.
    link

Money grab certainly.

Bad idea? Doubtful.

A promo tag line on the author's website puts the opening plot point of In the Groove this way: "She wouldn't know a NASCAR star if he hit her with his car – and he just did."

link

“whenever he comes near her she turns hot as race fuel.”

link

oi oi oi.....

GV

Comment

Is this a joke?

Actually, after thinking about it... it might be an excellent tool to get a new demographic, but it seems cheesy as all hell.
      "Whatever it takes to build this series, Kevin and I are going to do it."- GF

Comment

Originally posted by TLK
        Actually, after thinking about it... it might be an excellent tool to get a new demographic, but it seems cheesy as all hell.
        If it helps to grow the sport, how can it be a bad idea?

Comment

So a willing seller is going to make a product that a willing buyer wants.

Money grab?

Comment

Like I always say "Greed is good."
            Randy

"Danica has earned her equipment and her opportunity. It didn't just materialize out of the air. She earned it one piece at a time, starting at 10 years old." Mark Martin

"Life does not imitate art. It imitates bad television." Unidentified TV Talking Head.

Comment

Originally posted by TLK
              . . . . . but it seems cheesy as all hell.
              It does seem cheesy. Next thing you know they will get a female driver and have her pose for a magazine in her underwear sprawled over the hood of a car.
              DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

I'm picturing a trailer park, anywhere in the south, votive candle burning on top of a beer can on the coffee table, a 2 litre of coke and a bag of bugles. A females voice can be heard, softly moaning at first, which reaches a crescendo with a guttural "OH DALE, Boogity, Boogity, Boogity"! A cigarette is lit.

I'm becoming nauseated now....... ugggghhh...
                Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Brilliant!!!! Absolutely Brilliant!!!

If this is successful they could draw a whole new demographic to NASCAR. Who would have ever thought NASCAR would be able to draw people who know how to read.

Outlaw

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
                    I'm picturing a trailer park, anywhere in the south, votive candle burning on top of a beer can on the coffee table, a 2 litre of coke and a bag of bugles. A females voice can be heard, softly moaning at first, which reaches a crescendo with a guttural "OH DALE, Boogity, Boogity, Boogity"! A cigarette is lit.
                    DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Someone has got to say it...

Can't be any worse than "Driven"
                      "When people say there's nothing wrong with the product, that all it needs is better marketing and promotion, that's a pretty good clue they don't know they have a product nobody wants," Tommy Kendall, 6/19/04

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw
                        Brilliant!!!! Absolutely Brilliant!!![/b]
                        Yep. The more I think about it.....this is a "can't miss".

GV

Comment

Does this mean Fabio's going to be on the cover with a racing suit on and helmet?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                            Does this mean Fabio's going to be on the cover with a racing suit on and helmet?
                            No, the suit will be unzipped and tied about his waste to show his pecks and the helmet will be lying on the ground. Oh, I almost forgot, he'll have a Winston, or Nextel or Sprint girl on his arm, leaning back awaiting a kiss.
                            It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by TLK
                              Is this a joke?

And your point is?
                              "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                              --Danny Noonan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X