Ganassi and Home123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganassi and Home123

What happened there? Does anyone know?How does that sponsorship never materialize? Is Home123 reevaluating the sustainability of the costs of full-team sponsorship?

It is one thing for a company to hold a press conference and then never be heard from again. But it appeared this past week that everyone was still talking about four cars for Chip. That's the really strange part.

At least Casey Mears landed on his feet. And every other driver (McMurray, Busch, Schrader), except Ricky Rudd, is driving for the team that they want.

Home 123 was parttime on Ganassi's squad this year. Word on Jayski is that Home123 wouldnt be putting up huge money or anything for the 4th car. Economies of scale, as Ganassi already has the space/shop/cars.

The train of thought here seems to be that Ganassi pulled the plug on the 4th car, not the sponsor. Realistically, Chip's lineup next year is not something im super excited about, with the exception of Reed. He could have really used a driver like Rudd, imho.

This thread probably should be in the NASCAR forum now, me thinks. Dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygni
      This thread probably should be in the NASCAR forum now, me thinks. Dunno.
      Yeah, I was thinking that too. But doesn't Home123 (and sister company New Century) also have Grand Am sponsorships.

I was wondering if this was, at least in part, a situation where a sponsor decided there was more value in sponsoring the league--or multiple Daytona-based leagues--than in sponsoring a team. Sort of like Coors/NFL, or McDonalds/NASCAR (when they abandoned Cal Wells).

Comment

Well, i personally always thought Home 123 kinda sounded shady... not bospoker.net shady, but still fairly shady.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygni
          Well, i personally always thought Home 123 kinda sounded shady... not bospoker.net shady, but still fairly shady.
          I respect Bob Villa.

Comment

It seems to be along the lines of the Michael Holigan sponsorship that Hendrick had on the 25 car. They came on with big talk and expectations, only lasted one year and were gone. To me it looks like some companies come into NASCAR with the hope that the first year exposure will lead to a growth spurt that they can use to stay on a car. They get the exposurebut it doesn't translate into instant sales so they don't have the money for year two.
            "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
            "They're criminals"
            "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X