• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico City attendance (merged)

Might as well start the thread-to-be with this one:

http://www.autonet.ca/Motorsports/St...287003-ap.html
    "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

would you rather there was no race this weekend...

remember..."RACING".....will you watch, or would you rather bash

Comment

Originally posted by Ken

Overreaction. Calling the kettle black. Stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
        What do you mean?

I have three races to watch this weekend, Nascar Craftsman Trucks, Busch Series and Nextel Cup Series.

And there will be a lot of people at all three of those races.

Comment

"It may be hurt, though, by the loss of two major national sponsors who gave the race wide promotion in earlier years: Herdez foods and Gigante supermarkets"

businesses hate to be associated with a successful event.......
          the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Originally posted by lkchris
            Overreaction. Calling the kettle black. Stupid.
            have you ever heard me complain about more racing...and on the flip side have you ever heard IC even talk about racing

Comment

Originally posted by Ken

Time out, Ken.

I don't see IC bashing anything with that post.

It seems pretty straightforward to me.

300,000+ plus expected going into a weekend is a pretty healthy event. I didn't see IC bashing that at all.

Comment

Yeah, right. This is the TF version of the dark side.
                Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by tbyars
                  Time out, Ken.

I don't see IC bashing anything with that post.

It seems pretty straightforward to me.

300,000+ plus expected going into a weekend is a pretty healthy event. I didn't see IC bashing that at all.
                  come on T...you, I and everyone else that posts here knows exactly where this is headed..

past actions speak volumes

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
                    Yeah, right. This is the TF version of the dark side.
                    What are you?

The Trackforum version of paper?

Comment

Well, Ken, if you consider an AP story out of Mexico City quoting the promoter on expected attendance, recapping attendance from the past and relating the number of seats and GA availability a "bash" instead of information, I really don't know what to tell you. There'smore information there answering a bunch of the questions people have had on threads about the place taking down grandstands, etc. If you don't like the information, I guess you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by indycool
                        Well, Ken, if you consider an AP story out of Mexico City quoting the promoter on expected attendance, recapping attendance from the past and relating the number of seats and GA availability a "bash" instead of information, I really don't know what to tell you. There'smore information there answering a bunch of the questions people have had on threads about the place taking down grandstands, etc. If you don't like the information, I guess you don't.
                        So you're just putting the ball on the tee, it's up to everyone else to take swings at it?
                        Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Alaman said the track has 85,000 installed seats for this weekend and promoters can sell another 30,000 general admission tickets a day to the infield.
                          So if they sell every seat and ticket, the most they can claim is 115,000 per day. Note that the Busch race had a claimed race day attendance of 94,229; it will be interesting to see if CC has a bigger crowd.

Comment

A positive artical & a well attended event. That they seem to be losing 50,000 spectators a year may be troubling to CC though. I read "over 300,000" as probably "about 301,599" or something like that. But again. a very well supported event.

Comment

Indyknut, you and Ken are taking swings at the posting. Tell us what you don't like about the story, or don't believe, or don't want to believe.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X