Mexico City: Fun with pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico City: Fun with pictures

For some reason, I have not been able to find one single reference to the attendance at Mexico City. No newspaper accounts, no web site articles, not even from the Gang of Four, not even a post from one of the usual suspects on the lunatic fora: 'My buddy was there and it was PACKED!! WAY MORE than last year!!' Nothing. Now, in order for CC to claim there were +300,000 for the weekend, there has to be a way to say +80,000 came on Friday and Saturday. I went to the regular photo sites and all of the CC pix from Friday and Saturday of the CC cars are in very tight focus and you can't see any of the stands. Not sure why. There were some pix posted of the Grand-Am race on Friday so I won't repeat those but I'll share some G-A photos from yesterday:

A few folks watching the pit action:

Comment

A few in the stands here:

Now, the way 'fun with pictures' works is somebody else will post some photos the reflect the opposite viewpoint, pictures taken from a different angle that, in this case, show packed stands. Lets see 'em!

Comment

Comment

Wow. Public statements from that league's leadership seemed to indicate they found using sex to promote their series not really acceptable. Perhaps they changed their minds.

Comment

Okay, there's 3 more fans. Just need a few more.

Comment

Looks like a billion fans to me.

Not bad news for the Grand American. I'm sure a few of those folks will remember what a good time they had when it comes time to buy next year's tickets.
              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Like Jim said, there's three more, although they're sure purty ones....and they'repaid to be there.
                "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

Originally posted by indycool
                  ...although they're sure purty ones...
                  Even if the one in the middle is "flipping us off"??

roach

Comment

Could be a subliminal message, eh?

OR

That's what she thinks of attendance threads!
                    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Poor Doc, Grand-Am gets really good attendance for a race, but it is tied with CCWS. Grand-Am cannot win.
                      Last edited by ray; 11-06-2005, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ray
                        Poor Doc, Grand-Am gets really good attendance for a race, but it is tied with CCWS. You cannot win.
                        I'm fine with it, but you seem to have to resort to painting me as someone I'm not to get across your invalid point. I just posted a picture of the stands to show that different angles can leave a different impression. Everyone else was smart enough to figure that out.

I don't know what that hapless nonsense has to do with my posting a mere picture, but I guess anything is possible on the internet. I didn't make even a single comment or observation about champcar.

Dream on.

And, I really don't care who does and doesn't come to the Grand American races. Attendance is utterly meaningless to me as to whether or not I enjoy the race. In fact, I prefer less spectators to having a bunch if malcontent champcar fans sitting me around and complaining about anything that isn't champcar.

You cannot win.
                        I didn't make it about you, but if that's all someone has...........that's all they have.

Comment

Found on another forum, the first report I've seen:

I know ChampCar fans eagerly look forward to big crowds each year at the Mexico City race and speculation has already estimated a 350,000 gate this year, but...I don't know where that "huge" crowd of over 100,000 was yesterday. Main straight was fairly empty, stadium was nearly empty, the big stands out back WERE empty. Didn't even sell tickets for those! I suppose the stands behind the pits had a lot of people, but there were few camera angles that showed that. What I'm saying is, there had better be a LOT of people at the race today, because the attendance looks to be a disappointment so far. I'm aware of the so-called conspiracy to "pull a Montreal" in an attempt to get a (NASCAR?IRL) date, but doesn't CC have this place 'til '09 or something like that? Forsythe sounded upset when he explained the city owns the place and they were taking down stands and blocking off others. What's going on, anyway?

Comment

Doc, I drove in the first Miami GP GTU in IMSA, I have driven in the 24 @ Daytona, have a win and second (in class) @the 12 hrs. of Sebring. I like sports car racing. I just ment you cannot get a good reply about Grand-Am attendance here, because it is tied to CCWS.

Comment

So on another forum where people watched a Grand Am race in a TV, we have more expert analysis? We can start quoting other forums as legitmate information now? Awesome!

What i really enjoy about this thread more than anything is that it directly shows us the intentions of some on this board. It was even pointed out in the first post that NO official attendance has been announced. NO boasts of attendance have been made. Yet the thread title is 'Fun with pictures', and clearly attacks ChampCar like they HAD been making such claims. So what REALLY is the agenda? To demean ChampCar, regardless of what they do or how they act.... NOOOOO, you DONT say!

If the other forum is the "lunatic fora" then what the heck do you call threads like this? Seems like unashamed, unwaranted, preemptive strike ChampCar bashing to me.

PS, im sorry, also, that the CC Qual/Grand Am race on a Saturday has what is actually a very good turnout for a Saturday. I know it pains some of you so. Pains some so far as to make threads about it, when there isnt anything official to even squak about. So sorry.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X