Houston Champ Car Announcement Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Champ Car Announcement Coming

For those of you who've been breathlessly waiting for the Houston GP to fall apart...bad news. The Houston Chronicle reported today that next Wednesday afternoon (11/9), a press conference will be held to present details related to next May's race. It is expected that the layout for the 1.7 mile course will be presented during the event. CC President Steve Johnson and drivers Nelson Phillipe and Andrew Ranger are expected to be among those heading to Houston after the Mexico City race weekend.

''and drivers Nelson Phillipe and Andrew Ranger are expected to be among those heading to Houston after the Mexico City race weekend.''

That's it then,guaranteed success!
    ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

GOOD! Success..
      "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

Comment

This gonna be on the same day as Indy?
        "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

Originally posted by Refutation
          This gonna be on the same day as Indy?
          No, Sat night, May 13.
          "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble
            ''and drivers Nelson Phillipe and Andrew Ranger are expected to be among those heading to Houston after the Mexico City race weekend.''

That's it then,guaranteed success!
            Even as someone looking very much forward to the race, I've got to admit when I first read this my thought was "Huh? They couldn't have gotten SOMEONE with a little more name recognition?" I mean its good to have the CC President there to make the announcement(s), but couldn't you ask Tracy or Vasser or Seabass or Junky or even Servia to make the appearance?

Comment

Inky, is Eddie Gossage going to get honked off about this, too?

Comment

1.7m, not awful. Still, longer the better.

Comment

Originally posted by akh
                  Even as someone looking very much forward to the race, I've got to admit when I first read this my thought was "Huh? They couldn't have gotten SOMEONE with a little more name recognition?" I mean its good to have the CC President there to make the announcement(s), but couldn't you ask Tracy or Vasser or Seabass or Junky or even Servia to make the appearance?
                  The promoter is part-owner of their team. It's as simple as that.

Comment

We're pretty close to celebrating the 25th anniversary of the announcement of a lakefront race in Chicago. Then Mayor Jane Byrne was there with Roger Penske and Rick Mears and it was going to be a huge deal. Unlike the Hawaiian Super Prix I don't even recall the Chicago event getting to the promo T-shirt phase.
                    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                    "They're criminals"
                    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by Z28
                      We're pretty close to celebrating the 25th anniversary of the announcement of a lakefront race in Chicago. Then Mayor Jane Byrne was there with Roger Penske and Rick Mears and it was going to be a huge deal. Unlike the Hawaiian Super Prix I don't even recall the Chicago event getting to the promo T-shirt phase.

just another CART grandstanding.........
                      the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X