Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChampCar TV Deal Announced

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...le.asp?ID=9820

Seven network races - 3 on NBC, 4 on CBS. Everything else on SPEED.

All Races will have re-airs on SPEED.

SPEED Races will also have a qualifying show the night before the race.

All Atlantics Races on SPEED, and will also have re-airs on SPEED.

Looks like they are gaining a little steam.
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

7 races on network

Any word if these are time buys?

Personally, the more races I can watch on a U.S. network, the fewer times I can get screwed by TSN's awful scheduling (here up north of the border).

Comment

Re-Airs!

Comment

I read the article but failed to see how much CCWS is being paid by these three networks for the rights to carry their races. Anybody know?

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

More presence on Speed is good for them.
            All the races are still time buys though. The schedule is good, but I'll bet it is costly based on their numbers from this year. I can't see them getting more money for commericials. I hope for the viewers sake, they don't just sell more commericial time for more revenue.
            ...Always follow the money

Comment

must be why NBC is dropping NASCAR
              “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by Whosyer-Sparkplug
                I read the article but failed to see how much CCWS is being paid by these three networks for the rights to carry their races. Anybody know?
                I fail to see how that is relevant. The IRL TV Schedule Press Release also failed to disclose how much they were getting paid. As has NASCAR's. And every other series in the world that announces a TV schedule.

Comment

Now if they would only get Varsha back in the booth, I'd be a happy camper.

Comment

I second that

Hell, I'd settle for Tommy Kendall

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob
                      I fail to see how that is relevant. The IRL TV Schedule Press Release also failed to disclose how much they were getting paid. As has NASCAR's. And every other series in the world that announces a TV schedule.
                      Ah but the difference is NASCAR gets paid for TV and shares the revenue, the IRL get's paid and it goes into the league coffers (and probably helps pay purses and keep santioning fees down). But CC has to add one more expense to keep the series viable.

Comment

Originally posted by irloyal
                        Ah but the difference is NASCAR gets paid for TV and shares the revenue, the IRL get's paid and it goes into the league coffers (and probably helps pay purses and keep santioning fees down). But CC has to add one more expense to keep the series viable.
                        Thanks for the info. We had no idea CC was buying their time on network

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob
                          Well at least they say... Fox has bought the rights... or ABC/ESPN has bought the rights... but in this article niothing like that. Just the suggestion that this proves that things are improving.

So does that mean that they are being paid now or that they are having to pay less. Or how about... We're paying the same but getting more?

I mean how is this proof that things are getting better for CCWS instead of how things are getting better for NBC CBS and Speed?

BTW this wasn't the TV schedule... they aren't telling us in this article what races will be on network and which on Speed. This is the announcement of the deal....

an announcement short on details but long on spin.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Originally posted by OWFANatic
                            Now if they would only get Varsha back in the booth, I'd be a happy camper.
                            Agreed!

Comment

At least CC is getting their act together enough to put a TV schedule out before the season starts, that alone is an improvement.

Even though it will tax KK's platinum card, this is a step in the right direction for them.
                              Last edited by Sybil D. Sobydianz; 11-04-2005, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X