This one has a twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one has a twist

... enough of one I'll refrain from my usual incendiary "put the damn engines in front, that'll solve everything" option.
    Exclusively a fan of the Indy Racing League...
    30.30%
    Exclusively a fan of the Champ Car World Series...
    10.10%
    A fan of both series...
    31.31%
    A fan of neither series...
    3.03%
    A fan of whichever series races at Indianapolis...
    25.25%

The poll is expired.

"I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

There seems to be a mistake in your poll.

You said "top-level open-wheel racing", then asked a question about the two second tier series.

F1 is cleary the top-level OW racing series.

Or is that the twist?

jono

Comment

How forgot "Used to be a fan of the IRL, but now only cares about Indy".

IndyCars road racing SUCKS!

M

Comment

There is no choice for apathetic or disgusted.
        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by IndyMJH
          How forgot "Used to be a fan of the IRL, but now only cares about Indy".

IndyCars road racing SUCKS!

M

reminds me of Cleavon Little in "Blazing Saddles" when he's holding the gun to his own head.......put the gun down and CHANGE THE CHANNEL........

I'm an INDY fan first........anywhere else I get to watch them race is gravey......
          the man in expensive shoes

Comment

The USAC Silver Crown Series would be my answer to this question.
            "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

I try to follow both... just doin't always know when the CCWS races will be on or when.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
              I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Originally posted by Whosyer-Sparkplug
                I try to follow both... just doin't always know when the CCWS races will be on or when.
                Put this website on your favorites list. It always lists the next race,date and time on the top right hand side.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/FrontPage.asp

Comment

Here is a general rule I follow, ovals are at the bottom of the food chain for any racing I watch. Except of course for the big Kentucky Derby... and that other race in May.

So..given that...F1/CC/ALMS/GA can bump Nascar and ICS on my TV on most weekends. I watched the SPGP,Infineon and the Glen this year BTW. When there were no conflicts, an ICS oval may find its way on the TV screen. Kanaan and the Fontana race remind me why I don`t watch too many of those.

Comment

My general rule:

I'll watch anything that goes fast if I don't have anything else going at that moment, but I never miss an IRL race (subject to change as the naysayers beat me into submission) and I try to make all the Florida Grand American races in person. I watch them live on TV the rest of the time and save them all to DVD. I never miss Indianapolis or LeMans or Sebring (unless I'm there, but then, I always set the DVD recorder before I leave). Heck, I'll even watch the last 10 laps of the Daytoner Five Hunnert.
                    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X