Sherwin-Williams Partners with CCWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherwin-Williams Partners with CCWS

Announced today in Vegas, Sherwin-Williams partners with CCWS and the Atlantic series for 3 years.

Here is the story:

SHERWIN-WILLIAMS BRINGS COLORFUL NEW OUT LOOK TO PARTNERSHIP WITH CHAMP CAR WORLD SERIES AND CHAMP CAR ATLANTIC SERIES
    Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Sherwin-Williams uses the term ‘Cover The Earth’ in its corporate logo, making it a natural fit for the Champ Car World Series, which spans the globe in bringing top-flight open-wheel racing to fans around the world. Today at the Specialty Equipment Market Associations (SEMA) show in Las Vegas, the two companies announced a three-year partnership that will see the Cleveland-based Sherwin-Williams company serve as a sponsor and a commercial partner for both the Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford and the Champ Car Atlantic Championship. Sherwin-Williams will become the Official Automotive Finishes of the Champ Car World Series and the Atlantic Series, as well as the associate sponsor of the Champ Car Fast Lap Pace Car Program. In addition, the company will initiate the Sherwin-Williams Design Award, which will honor the Champ Car and Atlantic teams with the best paint schemes and color designs. “Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes is thrilled to partner with Champ Car – where the right team and preparation are critical to winning the race,” said Thomas Hablitzel, Vice President, Marketing, Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes Corp. “As a new member of the team, we’re going to add color and excitement to the 2006 World Series with interactive fan contests and new team paint schemes. Now you’ll be able to see firsthand – it’s all about the finish.” Sherwin-Williams will provide its new Planet Color products to all the Champ Car teams and will also provide paints, finishes and associated products for all of the vehicles in the Champ Car Fast Lap Pace Car Program. The ambassadors of the Champ Car World Series, the Fast Lap cars are among the most visible machines in the paddock as they lead the field of Champ Cars and Atlantic machines around the courses of the world for every race of the calendar. “We are looking forward to seeing the new look that Sherwin-Williams is sure to bring to the Champ Car World Series,” said Champ Car President Steve Johnson. “We are especially pleased that this new agreement covers not only Champ Car, but also the Atlantics and the Fast Lap Pace Car team as well. We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with Sherwin-Williams.”

Link to story

No, they are not the title sponsor either series is looking for, but it's an additional sponsor. It is good news in my opinion, but alas, this being TF, I am sure the usual suspects with pee on this news and tell us how bad it is.

Another thing that I see as a positive is that it is for both the CCWS and Atlantic series. Also, a 3 year agreement is good too.

Oh, and to save Defender the bother of asking, no, just like press releases for both series, "Financial terms were not released."
    Last edited by Vasserfan; 11-02-2005, 03:19 PM.
    After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

In all honesty, I hope this means that they can get some better looking liveries on the cars.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." --- Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by SLKRR
      In all honesty, I hope this means that they can get some better looking liveries on the cars.

One would hope. Especially the PKV cars. Last years were much better.

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

Comment

Sounds like a good fit for CC

Too bad the IRL couldn't get them.
        ...Always follow the money

Comment

They'll be doing a lot of schmoozing at the Cleveland GP, not that they won't be already...they're one of the event sponsors. Good news.

Comment

Additional sponsors in OW can never be bad.
            We flipped our finger to the King of England
            Stole our country from the Indians
            With god on our side and guns in our hands
            We took it for our own!

Comment

Originally posted by step33T
              Additional sponsors in OW can never be bad.

step33T gets it.

Comment

Does Sherwin-Williams even do automotive paint?
                Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
                  Does Sherwin-Williams even do automotive paint?

Yes....they have 2 seperate stores specializing in just automotive paint just in the tri-city area here.

This is great news!!
                  Let's go racin !

Comment

Okay, I'll be the one to do it...

Pffffffftttttt. They're just exchanging a couple of cans of paint for some signage.

Relax, I'm just kiddin'
                    Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Not a bad thing. Like someone said, any new sponsors in OW are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasserfan
                        One would hope. Especially the PKV cars. Last years were much better.
                        Not if Jim Magee has anything to say about it. This year's paint scheme is his idea. Easier to repair if it gets damaged. (And God knows, de Matta kept damaging his car.)

Maybe Cheep should try the same thing.

Comment

Are you sure KK didn't just buy Sherwin-Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by SportscarBruce
                            Are you sure KK didn't just buy Sherwin-Williams?

Comment

That's good news. Maybe the IRL can get Dutch Boy or another brand and we can all have a paint ball war!

This is very good for Champ Car and the Atlantics.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X