Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller: Wheldon to F-1

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/20461/

Oh, geeze; I can hear it now: "The Indianapolis 500 winner is now just a test driver for F-1. How far Indy has fallen. Thanks, Tony."
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

Comment

Well, I guess if you don't wanna play second fiddle to a girl you must go where girls are not huh?
      If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

Jesus Saves! Passes to Noah.....He shoots, he scores!

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon
        Oh, geeze; I can hear it now: "The Indianapolis 500 winner is now just a test driver for F-1. How far Indy has fallen. Thanks, Tony."
        You can roll your eyes all you want, but going from an Indy 500 and Indycar champion to a test driver for the 5th best team in F1 behind a feeder series champion says it all.
        This is a stupid, stupid, factless, thread. - Indycool

Comment

Originally posted by logjammer
          Well, I guess if you don't wanna play second fiddle to a girl you must go where girls are not huh?
          That is until Katherine Legge engineers her escape from KK's castle. I doubt she really wants to follow Bourdais into the CCWS Career Cul de Sac.

Comment

If I recall a certain Mr. Schmacher got his first starts in F1 in a less than stellar team. If Dan can prove himself worthy he'll move up. The important thing is getting his foot in the door. Good for him.

Comment

It's believed to be with Frank Williams,
              The same Frank Williams that said:

Much in the way CART’s stock plunged through the ground up to the company’s final demise, the stock of the Champ Car championship also seems to have taken a hit in the international racing market. At least that’s what Frank Williams believes, according to 2004 Vanderbilt Cup winner Sebastien Bourdais.

“Frank told me that being a Champ Car champion no longer means what it did a few years ago,”
              Looks like the IRL is the place to be.

Comment

Speed also reported that Williams 3rd driver would be a pay driver, so I doubt it will be Williams...the purported 2nd Honda team would make more sense.

Comment

The 2nd Honda team is not happening. Atleast, not until 2008. The F1 meeting last week denied the use of customer cars.

Link: Honda's plans for second team faltering

Comment

Originally posted by Chitownfan
                    The same Frank Williams that said:

Looks like the IRL is the place to be.
                    Well, to be fair. Bourdais was looking for a race seat. Wheldon only has a test seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Chute
                      You can roll your eyes all you want, but going from an Indy 500 and Indycar champion to a test driver for the 5th best team in F1 behind a feeder series champion says it all.
                      Honestly, hard to argue with this one......

Comment

How about going from series champion and iconoclast to being turned down for a Busch drive?
                        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Shick
                          Honestly, hard to argue with this one......
                          Sure it is. If the same F1 team walked into the CCWS paddock in Mexico City & said "First guy to make it to this contract has a ride in F1 next year..." how many guys would do you think would make a dash for it? It would like one of the reality "Survivor" type shows, with SB, PT & the rest clawing their way to get there first. Anyone who says differently just isn't being honest.

Enough with the sour grapes. It looks like an IRL driver will get a chance at F1, something CC fans said would never happen. What becomes of it is yet to be seen, but the "Oh life is so unfair! SB should have gotten the ride over Weldon" act is getting old.

Comment

SB should have won the Indy 500 instead of wrecking out of it then
                            "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                            ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Robin Miller is not affiliated with RACER magazine and his views should not be considered representative of RACER or of Haymarket Worldwide Inc/
                              Anyone care to translate this?
                              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X