Ratings spell DOOOM!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings spell DOOOM!!!!

Drudge reports that the World Series ratings for last night fell to 14.8 from last years 19.7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baseball is DOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ZOOOM
    "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
    James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Well, CC isn't any better off, for sure. The ratings came out today for Surfers: 0.1 rating, 0 share, 92,000 households.....like Long Beach two years ago, less watching on TV than there were reported in the grandstands.
    "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

Television is doomed.
      "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
      --Danny Noonan

Comment

Hey Monsieur Pigeon,

Don't you know the word 'putz' is not P.C.?

Therefore , you are doomed....
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        ~~Groucho Marx
        I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

I feel like I've been Zoooooooomed!

Comment

Ungrateful baseball fans

Gee, can it be that there's SO much on TV these days that people have a hard time choosing, let alone surfing channels?
            (like 100-200 channels!? )

ps...the White Sox won the WS. Chicago is doomed!

pss....sorry, vasserfan (ie:the Astros)

Comment

"Gee, can it be that there's SO much on TV these days that people have a hard time choosing, let alone surfing channels?"

Could it be that there is so much garbage on TV---I mean it should have increased proportionately with the number of channels---that it should not be difficult to choose?
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by indycool
                Well, CC isn't any better off, for sure. The ratings came out today for Surfers: 0.1 rating, 0 share, 92,000 households.....like Long Beach two years ago, less watching on TV than there were reported in the grandstands.
                Have you not learned that if there is 150,000 or 300,000 at the race TV numbers do not matter. Sponsor care more about the race attendance then they do TV numbers. Do you really think an American comapny cares who watches TV, no they only want to know how many people were there. This is especially true for the International races.

Comment

Originally posted by OWNUT
                  Have you not learned that if there is 150,000 or 300,000 at the race TV numbers do not matter. Sponsor care more about the race attendance then they do TV numbers. Do you really think an American comapny cares who watches TV, no they only want to know how many people were there. This is especially true for the International races.
                  You're joking, right?
                  DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb
                    Hey Monsieur Pigeon,

Don't you know the word 'putz' is not P.C.?

Therefore , you are doomed....
                    I know I'm doomed! I've always been doomed,
                    Just like the rest of us have.
                    They say you're doomed, even when you're not doomed...
                    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                    --Danny Noonan

Comment

There was a racehorse out here on the left coast---a little $10,000 claimer---nothin' special.

His owners named him "Hezaputz" and the name passed muster with the authorities who approve all thoroughbred names.

Well, some "well intentioned" busybody pointed out the literal meaning of the name---so the authorities ordered the owners---and they were not the original ones---to change to name of the horse to an acceptable one.

Now, back to our program in progress...
                      ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Roy
                        You're joking, right?
                        Guess they only care for NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Roy
                          You're joking, right?
                          Yes I am only joking.

Comment

Maybe next year R/L can loan 'em Danica
                            1958 - Eddie Johnson - Bryant Heating and Cooling Special.

And so it began!

Comment

Chicago and Houston are huge metro areas but the Sox and Astros certainly don't get anywhere near the "America's Team" list.
                              My guess is that's more of the reason.

Same thing might happen with a Colts/Tampa SuperBowl.
                              Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X