Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheever, Panther layoffs

Says Robin:

Panther Racing cut loose 12 mechanics and Eddie Cheever gave eight their walking papers last week in the first of what figures to be many layoffs in the Indy Racing League......
    Where's the guy who said Cheever had laid everybody off and finished with:

Robin said that like it's news. It happens every year this time of year...including with CC teams in Indy, when there's no winter work for them to do.
    "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

Originally posted by indycool
      Robin said that like it's news. It happens every year this time of year...including with CC teams in Indy, when there's no winter work for them to do.
      Technically no one in CCWS has been let loose yet, the season hasn't ended.
      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
        Where's the guy who said Cheever had laid everybody off and finished with:
        I think he's been sent on a little vacation....
        "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." --- Ayrton Senna

Comment

Sometimes this happens and sometimes teams with big budgets don't have to lay off people.

I wonder if Penske has done this with Marlboro?

I've also heard from a friend of mine that TCGR has had to let some people go.

Comment

Kurt, Penske doesn't do it and I heard that AGR didn't do it last year and won't this year. Those are very tightly-run teams that hire people and don't want them to get away to other teams with information, so they take care of them very well. As far as others go, it's pretty routine. Ganassi has a large staff and, with the season the team had, may be making some changes and may well have made them on an immediate basis.

Comment

I think one could just compare to prior seasons.

How many did Cheever or Panther lay off last year?

If a handful, then it’s more like routine for them as previously stated and shouldn’t worry too much. If virtually no one, then it’s clear there are substantial financial issues at those shops this time

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
                Technically no one in CCWS has been let loose yet, the season hasn't ended.
                Well, except for maybe Ryan Hunter-Reay.

Comment

Originally posted by jdessar
                  Ouch!
                  Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                    Sometimes this happens and sometimes teams with big budgets don't have to lay off people.

I wonder if Penske has done this with Marlboro?

I've also heard from a friend of mine that TCGR has had to let some people go.
                    Penske just puts 'em back in their pods....

Dark hair and complexion, 5'9" to 5' 10", proportionate build.......

He makes 'em in the basement of the shop in Reading.

Comment

Penske does have one "big" guy. Right rear tire changer. Scary quick for anyone, much less his size. Consistently changes that tire under 4 seconds.

But, rrrr is right. The rest of em just come from the basement. Roger saves on airfare by just powering them down and putting them into their lockers on the hauler.

Maybe the big guy is the one with the keys to the rest of 'em. Probably his job to plug em in to the battery charger at night.
                      We flipped our finger to the King of England
                      Stole our country from the Indians
                      With god on our side and guns in our hands
                      We took it for our own!

Comment

"Substantial financial issues?"

For wintertime layoffs in this business? Gimme a break.

Comment

Originally posted by step33T
                          Penske does have one "big" guy. Right rear tire changer. Scary quick for anyone, much less his size. Consistently changes that tire under 4 seconds.

But, rrrr is right. The rest of em just come from the basement. Roger saves on airfare by just powering them down and putting them into their lockers on the hauler.

Maybe the big guy is the one with the keys to the rest of 'em. Probably his job to plug em in to the battery charger at night.

The big guy is Eric.........great tire changer, good mechanic,builds cool Harleys and I hear is good at painting stuff............plus if you get in trouble on a pit stop he can pick you up with one arm and throw you back across the wall.....................
                          SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                          " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by rodneyh
                            I think one could just compare to prior seasons.

How many did Cheever or Panther lay off last year?

If a handful, then it’s more like routine for them as previously stated and shouldn’t worry too much. If virtually no one, then it’s clear there are substantial financial issues at those shops this time
                            This post makes all the sense in the world. So, ... anyone want to answer?
                            "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

Originally posted by jdessar
                              Wirdheim, too.
                              "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." --- Ayrton Senna

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X