Formula 1 2006 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 1 2006 Schedule

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has released details of a 19-race calendar for the 2006 season, with the status of all but the Brazilian Grand Prix confirmed.

The championship will start in Bahrain, with Australia moved from its traditional season-opening slot to April due to a clash with March’s Commonwealth Games in Melbourne.

As usual, San Marino hosts the first round of the European season, with Europe and Britain both brought forward - the former by three weeks to the start of May and the latter by a month to the middle of June. The only other significant change is Brazil shifting from its late September slot this year to that of season finale, a position it previously held in 2004.

The calendar includes six sets of back-to-back races - one more than in 2005 - with two three-week breaks, one in April between the Australian and San Marino Grands Prix and the other in August between Hungary and Turkey.

The 2006 calendar in full:
    Bahrain 12 March
    Malaysia 19 March
    Australia 2 April
    San Marino 23 April
    Europe 7 May
    Spain 14 May
    Monaco 28 May
    Great Britain 11 June
    Canada 25 June
    United States 2 July

France 16 July
    Germany 30 July
    Hungary 6 August
    Turkey 27 August
    Italy 10 September
    Belgium 17 September
    Japan 1 October
    China 8 October
    Brazil* 22 October

*Subject to contract approval
    Formula1.com

Looks like Indy got the July 4th weekend date.

And posters that berated CC for posting a schedule with unsigned contracts should get one F1's case immediately for doing the same.

Comment

morden:Shouldn't this be in the CC forum?
      Shouldn't this be in the F-1 forum?

Comment

Looks like they're trying to cut down on the heat at Bahrain.
        "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." --- Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
          Shouldn't this be in the F-1 forum?
          Touché.

But the F1 calendar has more B/S relevance than discussion of past USOW championships, IMO.

Comment

FWIW, I am hearing that Wheldon is still talking to an F-1 team and turned down a pretty hefty offer from AGR. Which team? I dunno but maybe it is the mythical new Honda B team that is supposed to be signing Sato to one seat.

Comment

Plus Bourdais wants an F1 seat for 2007.

It's a sad state of affairs when both the ICS and CC champions are both looking to F1.

Comment

I'm not sure I agree - drivers are always going somewhere except for NASCAR where they seem to get hired for life. Ken Shrader and Sterling Marlin haven't won for years........

But I digress - it would seem to me that Wheldon has a much better chance at getting to F-1. He has the support of Honda and he is English so one would assume he could dig up some sponsors, especially now that Button's stock appears to have leveled off. Bourdais has made it pretty clear for several years that he wants to go to F-1 and Renault and the rest appear to have considered it and decided to pass.

Comment

It's a sad state of affairs when both the ICS and CC champions are both looking to F1.

That is what you get when you have foreign drivers dominate the series..

Comment

Originally posted by morden
                    And posters that berated CC for posting a schedule with unsigned contracts should get one F1's case immediately for doing the same.
                    Does F1 suffer from financial instability or cancelled races?
                    DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                      I'm not sure I agree - drivers are always going somewhere except for NASCAR where they seem to get hired for life. Ken Shrader and Sterling Marlin haven't won for years........
                      NASCAR is tops in the US. Formula 1 is tops worldwide. When was the last time you saw the F1 champion leave for another series?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Roy
                        Does F1 suffer from financial instability or cancelled races?
                        Does the USGP count?

Comment

Does the USGP count?
                          touche'
                          DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

NASCAR is tops in the US. Formula 1 is tops worldwide. When was the last time you saw the F1 champion leave for another series?
                            Nigel Mansell, 1992. Or was that a rhetorical question?
                            It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." --- Ayrton Senna

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X