Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourdais wants to win three titles.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bourdais wants to win three titles.......

.......like his precessor did in 1945-47. What CART/OWRS/CC driver was that?

Sebastien Bourdais has revealed he will stay with the Newman/Haas Racing team next season after signing a one-year extension of his contract.

The Frenchman, who secured his second consecutive title with a dominant win at Surfers Paradise lat weekend, said he will review his options after next year.

"We signed a deal for 2006 with Newman/Haas Racing and so far I think there's been a great relationship with the team," he said. "I have enjoyed every bit of it and so far really looking forward to another one.

"I know it's going to be extremely tough and we will just start to work on it as soon as this 2005 season ends."

Bourdais will try to defend his crown next year and is confident he can secure a hat trick of titles despite the tough opposition.

"There's always more to come, I hope to believe. So we won two straight and it's never really been done before," Bourdais added.

"I think only once 45, 46 and 47, something like that, to have a triple consecutive winner in the championship, so I guess it would be pretty cool to put my name on this very, very short list of drivers who win three in a row.

Shouldn't this be in the CC forum?

Comment

You can google the most innane, miniscule financial fact about CC, but you can't find this ?

Use a different lure next time or try slowing the boat a little....

Comment

Jim Mora won three championships in the USFL.........
        the man in expensive shoes

Comment

No. This is yet another example of OWRS/CC trying to steal history that doesn't belong to them. They are a new, startup series when it suits them and yet, they try to attach themselves like a remora to Indy and USAC's traditions at every turn. Heck, it wasn't even USAC yet in the 40s, it was AAA and Bourdais even got the years wrong - Ted Horn won the title in 46-48. Now what in the heck does Sebastien Bourdais have to do with Ted Horn and the AAA?

Comment

.......like his precessor did in 1945-47. What CART/OWRS/CC driver was that?
            !!!!!!RED HERRING ALERT!!!!!!!!

"I think only once 45, 46 and 47, something like that, to have a triple consecutive winner in the championship, so I guess it would be pretty cool to put my name on this very, very short list of drivers who win three in a row.
            note "the championship".

Do you wish to rehash the checkered (huh, huh, I made a pun) past of 'Championship Car' racing? We can play the 'what IRL driver was that' game if you wish.

The 'Championship Car' 'series' has had many sanctioning bodies. All can make a reasonably justifiable claim to at least a part of the 'Championship series' history/legacy.

If we wish to deny this, then neither USAC nor IRL nor any other can lay claim to any accomplishments related to 'the championship', as none have sanctioned the entire history.
            BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I don't believe Dan Wheldon mentioned Tommy Milton or Jimmy Murphy when he won his IRL title. I don't recall Sam Hornish saying anything about Ted Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                I don't believe Dan Wheldon mentioned Tommy Milton or Jimmy Murphy when he won his IRL title. I don't recall Sam Hornish saying anything about Ted Horn.
                I believe ABC mentioned that Dan was the first Indy 500 winner to win "the championship" since Jacques Villeneuve. Please tell me what year JV won the IRL championship.

Oh, and nice try.
                "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." --- Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by SLKRR
                  I believe ABC mentioned that Dan was the first Indy 500 winner to win "the championship" since Jacques Villeneuve. Please tell me what year JV won the IRL championship.

Oh, and nice try.
                  that's a valid point, but Jacques did win the PPG INDY Car Championship....NOT the CC or CART championship (at least that's what it says on his trophy).

So technically both won the INDY 500 and the INDY Car Championship in the same season, even thought one (Villeneuve) was sanctioned by USAC/CART and the other was sanctioned by the IRL only............
                  the man in expensive shoes

Comment

If my parents get a divorce, are my grandparents still my grandparents?
                    The point it, that things change and "marriages" and "divorces" happen all the time and it doesn't mean you are no longer related. Both the IRL and CCWS can say CART, USAC, etc. are their "parents", "grandparents", etc.
                    If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

Comment

Originally posted by Rommey
                      The point it, that things change and "marriages" and "divorces" happen all the time and it doesn't mean you are no longer related. Both the IRL and CCWS can say CART, USAC, etc. are their "parents", "grandparents", etc.
                      This is an excellent summation, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rommey
                        outstanding post

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan
                          So technically both won the INDY 500 and the INDY Car Championship in the same season, even thought one (Villeneuve) was sanctioned by USAC/CART and the other was sanctioned by the IRL only............
                          That's fine with me. So, you should have no problem with Seabass wanting to follow Ted Horn as a 3-in-a-row National Champion, since both are national champions, even though one won when the championship series was sanctioned by AAA and the other when it was sanctioned by CCWS.

But then, you didn't start the thread, so maybe you really don't have a problem with it.
                          "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." --- Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                            No. This is yet another example of OWRS/CC trying to steal history that doesn't belong to them. They are a new, startup series when it suits them and yet, they try to attach themselves like a remora to Indy and USAC's traditions at every turn. Heck, it wasn't even USAC yet in the 40s, it was AAA and Bourdais even got the years wrong - Ted Horn won the title in 46-48. Now what in the heck does Sebastien Bourdais have to do with Ted Horn and the AAA?
                            no...

it's you making a Grand Teton out of an ant hill in an attempt to discredit anything cc

it's actually pretty funny to watch

Comment

Who cares?

Three championships against the current crop of drivers in the CCWS?

Wow.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X