No announcement yet.

Hockey more dangerous than racing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey more dangerous than racing.....

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hoc...79017-sun.html

I've never seen a racer look THIS bad.......
    Last edited by numrounofan; 10-26-2005, 07:57 AM.
    the man in expensive shoes

Does this officially make the B/S forum "the anything goes" area?
    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Only if you play for my beloved Chicago Black Hawks. :mad:
      Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Hockey more dangerous than racing.....

and not to mention more boring than NASCAR...

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
        I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Hockey...boring? You obviously haven't seen any games live. It's got more action than any other stick/ball sport out there. For boring sports, try baseball....
          "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." --- Ayrton Senna

Comment

but not as boring as soccer.
            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
            ~~Groucho Marx
            I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by SLKRR
              Hockey...boring? You obviously haven't seen any games live. It's got more action than any other stick/ball sport out there. For boring sports, try baseball....
              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Hockey is great live but dull on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                  Hockey is great live but dull on TV.
                  I like it fine on TV, but it's definitely much, much more exciting live. I think that after you watch a few games live, you can appreciate it more on TV.

Comment

I like it fine on TV, but it's definitely much, much more exciting live. I think that after you watch a few games live, you can appreciate it more on TV.
                    Just curious, but do you get any games on TV south of the Equator?

I've been to Japan and seen the NHL (with funny subtitles) and I've seen it on the tube in Oz, but how about B-R-A-S-I-L?

Comment

For boring sports, try baseball....
                      As usual, Homer Simpson has the answer.....

Homer and Marge prepare to retire for the evening.

Homer: ...so they say I might have a problem.
                      [finishes brushing his teeth, and polishes off a bottle of Duff]

Marge: [reading from a pamphlet entitled, "Is Your Spouse a Souse?"]
                      Homey, do you ever drink alone?

Homer: Does the Lord count as a person?

Marge: No.

Homer: Then yes.

Marge: Do you need a beer to fall asleep?

Homer: Thank you, that'd be nice.

Marge: Do you ever hide beer around the house?

Homer: Do I ever!
                      [fetches a beer from its hiding place in the toilet tank, and
                      takes a swig] Ahhhh.

Marge: Do you ever drink to escape from reality.

Homer: [looks in the mirror and imagines himself as a big muscular guy]
                      [to "Can-Can"] Duhh, duh duh duh duh duuh duuh, duh duh duh duh
                      duuh duuh, duh duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh...

Marge: Homey, I'd like you to do something for me.

Homer: You name it.

Marge: I want you to give up beer for a month.

Homer: You got it. No deer for a month.

Marge: Did you say beer, or deer?

Homer: .... Deer.

Marge: Please, Homey, I know you can do this.

Homer: All right, starting tomorrow no beer for a month.
                      [puts the light out. We can hear the sound of a can popping
                      open]

Marge: What was that noise?

Homer: I was saying, "Psssst, I love you."

After several days of being sober, Homer tries to take his mind off his troubles at the ball park, where he is the only person in the stands not drinking.

Announcer: ...the windup and a 2-2 pitch. Oh, no, wait a minute, the
                      batter is calling for time. Looks like he's going to get
                      himself a new bat. And now there's a beach ball on the
                      field, and the balls boys are discussing which one of them's
                      going to go get it.

Homer: I never realized how boring this game is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                        Just curious, but do you get any games on TV south of the Equator?

I've been to Japan and seen the NHL (with funny subtitles) and I've seen it on the tube in Oz, but how about B-R-A-S-I-L?
                        In 2003 and '04, they showed games on ESPN International and ESPN Brasil, usually 1 or sometimes 2 games per week. During the playoffs, they showed more games, and the entire finals. Last season, however, there weren't any games at all... can't figure out why...

This year, I don't actually know. From what I've read, ESPN dropped their contract and the NHL went to some podunk network in the US, but since I no longer have cable or satellite TV, I don't know if there is any channel here that carries the games. I am definitely jonesing for some good hockey, that's for sure, especially now that racing is in the offseason (except for one more CC race).

Comment

In 2003 and '04, they showed games on ESPN International and ESPN Brasil, usually 1 or sometimes 2 games per week. During the playoffs, they showed more games, and the entire finals. Last season, however, there weren't any games at all... can't figure out why...

This year, I don't actually know. From what I've read, ESPN dropped their contract and the NHL went to some podunk network in the US, but since I no longer have cable or satellite TV, I don't know if there is any channel here that carries the games. I am definitely jonesing for some good hockey, that's for sure, especially now that racing is in the offseason (except for one more CC race).
                          Thanks! FWIW Fox Sports Midwest shows my Blues on the tube about two to three times a week. I'll be seeing them in the flesh in December and might even drive down to Nashville for a game (I hear the tix are cheap and that's for a great seat).

I'm not sure which network shows the NHL in America other than Fox, but I've noticed that Barry Melrose is still on the ESPN payroll. Still has his mullett too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                            Thanks! FWIW Fox Sports Midwest shows my Blues on the tube about two to three times a week. I'll be seeing them in the flesh in December and might even drive down to Nashville for a game (I hear the tix are cheap and that's for a great seat).
                            Blues fan, eh? I've seen a few games at the Savvis center. Nice facility. We used to make road trips a couple of times a year when I lived in KC. In 2002, one of my friends from Detroit got us some tickets to game 4 of the Blues/Wings playoff series, and a group of us all went down there in full Red Wings dress. That was a hell of a game! We almost didn't make it out of the arena afterwards. Not that I have anything against the Blues, but I just like the Wings better. (I know that those can be fighting words for some Blues fans - no offense meant). I went to a Wings game in Chicago once, too - I think that was scarier.

I'm not sure which network shows the NHL in America other than Fox, but I've noticed that Barry Melrose is still on the ESPN payroll. Still has his mullett too.
                            I thought I had read somewhere that they were going to OLN (Outdoor Life Network) - I could be wrong about that, though. If so, it's kind of like CCWS on Spike. Re: Melrose - that mullet will never die. LOL. But does he still have Darren Pang to make fun of?

Comment

I'll be at the Saavis Center in December to see either the Rangers or Flyers. Both games are on a Saturday night, and since it's only a four hour drive from Indy, I might try and make both games--depending on my finances that month and Christmas.

My son wants an iPod. Do you know how much those things are? I'd rather get him a portable CD player and about 10 CDs.

Haven't seen Pang in a while.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X