How many here are really tuned off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many here are really tuned off...

With just about all of open wheel racing?

I have not really enjoyed F1 since 2002 - perhaps since 93. As far as the IRL is concerned... they have some great races on ovals that I would love ChampCar to compete on - but the are great races nonetheless.

Indy just is not what it used to be for me and neither is MIS, Fontana, Cali and the rest of the Super Speedways.

ChampCar leaves me hanging with each announcement - hoping that RA, Mid Ohio or some new super road track reminiscent of SPA or the Nurburgring will be added - since F1 ala Tilke, can't seem to get anything right. However all we get is another street event - which I think will generate new fans and put on a great weekend event but it's not the sort of racing I prefer.

Maybe I need to just step away from it altogether..... Anyone else ever think this way?
    I live for Indy - Everything else is dressing.
    25.23%
    The entire array of OW racing has begun to put me to sleep!
    26.13%
    I just wish one series would go away (CC or IRL)
    43.24%
    It's never been better!
    5.41%
    Some people are like a Slinky .... Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile
    when you shove them down the stairs.

Originally posted by aportinga
    Anyone else ever think this way?

Not me. I love it too much. Walking thru the world with rose coloured glasses? Perhaps I am but I just love it too much to tune out.
    I go out of my way to watch the ICS, and catch CC whenever I can.

NASCAR lost me 5 years ago.
    ...---...

Comment

Anyone else ever think this way?
      No. Its all about Indianapolis. The old 500 mile race has never been better.
      For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

the past two Indy 500's had more action then the previous 10

Comment

I'm a little tired of the back-and-forth here...

But as far as the series go I think CCWS and IRL both had better 2005s than 2004s.

If this trend continues, ehhhhhh.

jono

Comment

I have not really enjoyed F1 since 2002 - perhaps since 93. As far as the IRL is concerned... they have some great races on ovals that I would love ChampCar to compete on - but the are great races nonetheless.

Indy just is not what it used to be for me and neither is MIS, Fontana, Cali and the rest of the Super Speedways.

ChampCar leaves me hanging with each announcement - hoping that RA, Mid Ohio or some new super road track reminiscent of SPA or the Nurburgring will be added - since F1 ala Tilke, can't seem to get anything right. However all we get is another street event - which I think will generate new fans and put on a great weekend event but it's not the sort of racing I prefer.

Maybe I need to just step away from it altogether..... Anyone else ever think this way?
            To me you sound like someone burned out due to all of the negativity on the internet forums.

I am a big fan of the IndyCar Series, I have followed F1 since the mid 80's and I was a fan of CART.

Somewhere along the line the CCWS has just totally lost my interst, much like IMSA did when Andy Evans took over.

But, that's just me. I'm not saying that it's not good, it is just not something that I find interesting to follow anymore.

But it is "fun" to argue about all of the silliness in regards to how the various series are run.

But I don't think that I would ever step away from it all together.......but then again I do follow NASCAR too, so what do I know?

Comment

What Jono said. Times deux.

Comment

"Open-wheel Stu likes open-wheel racing."

Comment

Originally posted by morden
                  "Open-wheel Stu likes open-wheel racing."

"Open-wheel Stu doesn't advertise"

"Did you know that OW ratings were up 400% for the year ending 1976? If these trends continues... AAY!:"

jono

Comment

Yep.

It's a good thing we have sportscar racing.
                    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Are you talking about 'formula' type OW?
                      Or US type of OW?
                      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by carl s
                        Or US type of OW?
                        Both....
                        Some people are like a Slinky .... Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile
                        when you shove them down the stairs.

Comment

Very pleased with the entertainment value of US OW
                          though I think it is ever more vulnerable in being connected to NASCAR
                          If NASCAR would someday not fit into the destination for grass roots OW then the youngsters would be gone in a flash.

As far as formula indy car/champ car/F1 I've kind of drifted away - again

Originally Posted by carl s
                          Or US type of OW?

Both....
                          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                            What Jono said. Times deux.
                            And just imagine what they'd be like if they were one.
                            (BTW, how's the "visky", baby? Sorry to have been a stranger, but my computer was in the shop for a while )

Comment

If you can make a long list that combines the things you don't like with the things you wish for that aren't happening and a very short list of what you like, get off the train and find yourself another sport or something that interests you. I can't figure out why you would want to follow something you find so little that you agree with, OW racing obviously doesn't fit the mold of what you're looking for, find something that you can enjoy and put your attention into it.
                              "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                              "They're criminals"
                              "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X