Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 IRL Attendance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2005 IRL Attendance

    Code:
    VENUE		ATTENDANCE	AVERAGE
    HOMESTEAD	30000		30000
    PHOENIX		8312		19156
    ST. PETE	30000		22771
    MOTEGI		50000		29578
    INDY		250000		73662
    TEXAS		100000		78052
    RICHMOND	55000		74759
    KANSAS		80000		75414
    NASHVILLE	25000		69812
    MILWAUKEE	28592		65690
    MICHIGAN	35000		62900
    KENTUCKY	63000		62909
    PIKES PEAK	34000		60685
    SONOMA		60000		60636
    CHICAGO		60000		60594
    CALIFORNIA	35000		58994
    THE GLEN	40000		57877
    		
    TOTAL		983904
    I'm sure some here will tell me I'm wrong about some of the numbers, so I'm eagerly waiting to hear from those willing to correct my numbers.
    If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

  • #2
    Originally posted by Rommey

    I'm sure some here will tell me I'm wrong about some of the numbers, so I'm eagerly waiting to hear from those willing to correct my numbers.
    Then what's the point of your post or this thread in general?

    "We won a few races here and there, but the magic died the day Helmet melted." - Doc Austin on slotcar champion Michael Shannon

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not going to argue the post, but I thought the IRL didn't release attendance figures?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
        I'm not going to argue the post, but I thought the IRL didn't release attendance figures?
        You are correct. These figures came from outside (newspapers, internet stories, etc.) sources estimates.
        If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

        Comment


        • #5
          I think a few are high, but its not really a big deal. Newspapers tend to exagerate their own local events. I have a question though, whats the Average row about... where do the numbers come from for Sonoma, St Pete, and the Glen for example? Or is it not an average of past events?

          Comment


          • #6
            you're low on St. Pete, but probably high on some others......
            the man in expensive shoes

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cygni
              I think a few are high, but its not really a big deal. Newspapers tend to exagerate their own local events. I have a question though, whats the Average row about... where do the numbers come from for Sonoma, St Pete, and the Glen for example? Or is it not an average of past events?
              And where the heck did that Indy average come from - that can't be right.
              Some people are like a Slinky .... Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile
              when you shove them down the stairs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rommey
                I'm sure some here will tell me I'm wrong about some of the numbers, so I'm eagerly waiting to hear from those willing to correct my numbers.
                And some of us aren't going to give you the "pleasure" of playing your stupid little game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nevermind, i get it now, its a running average, not an average of past events.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by aportinga
                    And where the heck did that Indy average come from - that can't be right.
                    if you're referring to the 73K number, that would be the average for all the IRL races in 2005 including INDY........(not meaning to speak for you Rommey)
                    the man in expensive shoes

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by numrounofan
                      if you're referring to the 73K number, that would be the average for all the IRL races in 2005 including INDY........(not meaning to speak for you Rommey)
                      Thanks
                      Some people are like a Slinky .... Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile
                      when you shove them down the stairs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        fun with numbers........

                        35k at fontana...classic stuff

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Since the IRL has released statements about an overall percentage increase in attendance, I'd be interested in what formula they use to solve that equation. Do they have a complex equation based on various media estimates or do they actually get a number from the promoter but don't repeat it to the public?

                          Since they don't publish attendance results, I guess one can't question the validity of the answer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ken
                            fun with numbers........

                            35k at fontana...classic stuff
                            Maybe if one was squinting...

                            ...or suffering from double vision.
                            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                            ~~Groucho Marx
                            I have the hots for Khaleesi...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rodneyh
                              Since the IRL has released statements about an overall percentage increase in attendance, I'd be interested in what formula they use to solve that equation. Do they have a complex equation based on various media estimates or do they actually get a number from the promoter but don't repeat it to the public?

                              Since they don't publish attendance results, I guess one can't question the validity of the answer
                              The IRL uses an average of the media numbers to gauge attendance. Since they began that practice, the media has paid more attention to the numbers they throw out there.

                              The media themselves use an amazingly scientific and painstaking procedure to determine how many people are there.

                              .....They GUESS!
                              We flipped our finger to the King of England
                              Stole our country from the Indians
                              With god on our side and guns in our hands
                              We took it for our own!

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X