Attention B/S idjits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention B/S idjits

Ya know, I haven't read this forum much in the last year. Now, every so often I try to stop in and make a goofy smartazz comment.

I wasn't always like that. I had plenty to write, criticisms to make, arguments to join.

Back in 2003 I met Railbird for the first time at Camp n' Brew. But we couldn't really talk, because we were on different "sides". In the ensuing months I realized that was my loss because of his knowledge about Indy and love for racing. There's nothing I relish more than talking about 500s past.

So, in 2004, I went over to the flagroom on Thursday night after we finished working on the car because I wanted to talk to him again. "Oh, you just missed him, he left". Didn't see him at C&B that year either.

Meanwhile, I'm over on the politics forum giving Heywood h*ll. Now, I met Kenny in 2001 at the Chili Bowl and we got along OK. But I thought it was more important to argue with him about politics than talk about midgit racing.

Now, it's 2005. Racing season is over. A cold front blew in last night and it's raining. One other thing. 'Bird and Kenny are dead. Taken from me, you, and their families, and I was too stupid to act decent and enjoy their knowledge and fine personalities.

So when I cruise through here and read some of the things people say to each other...... it reminds me of the mistake I made.

Hope you all don't find yourselves in the same situation.

Wow, an intelligent post in Splitzville!!!

If you let internet forums or internet forum participants dictate what races you watch or attend, well, you need to get a life...seriously. Get out from behind the computer and go to a race.

Both series put on good shows when you show up at the track. Get off the internet and go smell the methanol.
    This is a stupid, stupid, factless, thread. - Indycool

Comment

BTW,

If any of you supposed race fans have not yet met rrrr, you are missing out and would be wise to heed what he says. (except in the politics forum, ignore most of that )

At the end of the day, it's just racing. I know people with money on the line and that are "all in" when it comes to this sport that worry/fight/freak out less than some of the people here. They also don't take it as personally.

I hate to quote Frankie, but "relax" is a good idea for the offseason.

Come Spring, go to a race track and enjoy yourself.
      We flipped our finger to the King of England
      Stole our country from the Indians
      With god on our side and guns in our hands
      We took it for our own!

Comment

Good post rrrr

But don't worry when we meet at Camp & Brew I won't talk at all about politics... not in May, not on race weekend and not in Indy. If we argue it will be over who will win.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
        I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

rrr is a good guy... Jim Bryan and I know that to be a fact...

Comment

returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

Comment

Originally posted by Short Chute
              Get off the internet and go smell the methanol.
              If I knew how to make a sig line, that would be it.

Comment

Where are my post, one of which was by R22?

Comment

Originally posted by SportscarBruce
                  Where are my post, one of which was by R22?
                  I think the mods were weeding the garden. Someone had posted another whiny us vs. them diatribe.

Look, people, I'm not asking for finger pointing or rationalizations. Just read it and if you think you need to place some blame, no thanks. Just move along.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr
                    Ya know, I haven't read this forum much in the last year. Now, every so often I try to stop in and make a goofy smartazz comment.

I wasn't always like that. I had plenty to write, criticisms to make, arguments to join.

Back in 2003 I met Railbird for the first time at Camp n' Brew. But we couldn't really talk, because we were on different "sides". In the ensuing months I realized that was my loss because of his knowledge about Indy and love for racing. There's nothing I relish more than talking about 500s past.

So, in 2004, I went over to the flagroom on Thursday night after we finished working on the car because I wanted to talk to him again. "Oh, you just missed him, he left". Didn't see him at C&B that year either.

Meanwhile, I'm over on the politics forum giving Heywood h*ll. Now, I met Kenny in 2001 at the Chili Bowl and we got along OK. But I thought it was more important to argue with him about politics than talk about midgit racing.

Now, it's 2005. Racing season is over. A cold front blew in last night and it's raining. One other thing. 'Bird and Kenny are dead. Taken from me, you, and their families, and I was too stupid to act decent and enjoy their knowledge and fine personalities.

So when I cruise through here and read some of the things people say to each other...... it reminds me of the mistake I made.

Hope you all don't find yourselves in the same situation.

...good post!
                    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

TripleR

Good post. I hope everyone who comes here can realize this is just a discussion garden, and most of it is not personal. I've had a few heady words with some folks, but in the end, we should remember we're all just people and nothing here makes any difference. Faith, Family, Freinds, are the important things in our lives.

'Oyal
                      ...Always follow the money

Comment

I while back, I proclaimed rrrr and tbyars "honary Queenslanders".
                        One day in the future, I still plan to make it to your BBQ at TMS Ron.
                        Last edited by hikari; 10-24-2005, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I have never let anything stand in the way of good bench racing. I enjoy trading barbs with fans of other series. Some opinions we share, others we don't, but in the end it's all about racing and friends. That's what really counts in my book.
                          ...---...

Comment

Incredible post, rrr. One of the best I've read in a long time.

Everyone else...re-read it. This is how to act on a forum. For most of us, it's the same way we act when we're face to face with someone and not hiding behind a monitor.

Nicely done.
                            BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Outstanding post rrrr and I completely agree with your sentiments. I'm not sure if this is proper in the "you suck-you suck more" forum.
                              For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X