• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracy: "No NASCAR Ride"

http://www2.presstelegram.com/sports/ci_3140162
    "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

what a shocker

Comment

Too bad... the fireworks would have been fun to watch...

instead of men it would have been raining beer cans.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
      I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Shocking.

Comment

Guess Sarah & AJIV showed him huh? They've got a ride in a tin top fender car and PT can't get one. Must've been based on talent.
          If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

Jesus Saves! Passes to Noah.....He shoots, he scores!

Comment

Originally posted by logjammer
            Guess Sarah & AJIV showed him huh? They've got a ride in a tin top fender car and PT can't get one. Must've been based on talent.
            In Tracy's case it was a combination of lack of talent (underwhelming at Michigan and found wall at his short track test), age, and over sized ego.

And yes, Fisher and Foyt did show Tracy how to get a ride. Demonstrate that you can drive the car when given a chance (which Tracy didn't) and have realistic expectations. Neither Fisher nor Foyt demanded a seven figure contract and a seat in Nextel Cup.

If Paul Tracy wants to race in NASCARland at the level his talent warrants, I'm sure he could find a seat in Winston West alongside Fisher.
            I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

Originally posted by don7031
              In Tracy's case it was a combination of lack of talent (underwhelming at Michigan and found wall at his short track test), age, and over sized ego.

And yes, Fisher and Foyt did show Tracy how to get a ride. Demonstrate that you can drive the car when given a chance (which Tracy didn't) and have realistic expectations. Neither Fisher nor Foyt demanded a seven figure contract and a seat in Nextel Cup.

If Paul Tracy wants to race in NASCARland at the level his talent warrants, I'm sure he could find a seat in Winston West alongside Fisher.
              hahahaha,,,,, comparing Tracy to Fisher or Foyt? About the only comparison would be the amount of crunched carbon fiber and I believe Fisher and Foyt are still way up on PT. Check back with me when either of those 2 actually win a race too.
              Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
                hahahaha,,,,, comparing Tracy to Fisher or Foyt? About the only comparison would be the amount of crunched carbon fiber and I believe Fisher and Foyt are still way up on PT. Check back with me when either of those 2 actually win a race too.

it's comical isn't it....

if you don't like PT i get it.....dislike his political stance on the split I can respect that....but when it clouds your opinion of his talent, a guy that has been running up front and winning races for over a decade, it just gets silly

Comment

Maybe in a cup car with no testing you may be right. He is older for a "rookie". His ego is of confidence, different than cockiness.

You are awake, no? Let me see if I have this correct, your telling me and all who read this thread that Sarah and Foyt have demonstrated that they can drive a car right? We are talking racing cars not rentals or domestic vehicles right?

Sarah and Foyt have no basis on which thye will EVER be able to ask for or demand a high dollar contract.

I believe PT wanted to test the waters in the Nextel Cup and was willing to accept a Busch ride if thats waht he has to do. He is in no way shape or form going to go to a "hey mom look at me , I'm driven fender cars" series just to get in a stock car, nor does he need the money.
                  If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

Jesus Saves! Passes to Noah.....He shoots, he scores!

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
                    In cars you drive with the gas pedal as much as the steering wheel, the score is:

Fisher 2, Tracy 0

As for crunched carbon fiber, Fisher and Foyt combined don't come close to Tracy and that doesn't even take into consideration the damage Tracy has done to his teammates over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                      it's comical isn't it....

if you don't like PT i get it.....dislike his political stance on the split I can respect that....but when it clouds your opinion of his talent, a guy that has been running up front and winning races for over a decade, it just gets silly
                      The issue is black and white. No gray area, no subjectivity required. In two NASCAR tests, Paul Tracy couldn't drive the car, period.

Comment

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:

2003 Champ Car Champion
                        2003 RACER Magazine Racer of the Year
                        2003 SPEED Most Popular Driver Award
                        2003 WorldCom Most Popular Driver Award
                        1st Among Active CART Drivers in Career Victories (29)
                        2002 WorldCom Most Popular Driver Award
                        2002 Indy 500 Runner Up (yeah right)
                        Two-time Member of the CART All-Star Team (1999, 2000)
                        Tied for the FedEx Championship Series Lead With Three Victories in 2000
                        2nd Among Active Drivers in Career Poles (18)
                        Established Track Qualifying Record of 234.949 Miles Per Hour While Winning the Pole at Michigan Speedway
                        Voted “Most Improved Driver” by His Peers in 1999
                        Has Finished Career-Best Third in Championship Standings Three Times (1993-94, ’99)

You're right as usual Don. PT is a loser. Who were some of those guys he was beating while ringing up the above numbers?

Andretti (both)
                        Sullivan
                        Mansell
                        Unser Jr.
                        Franchitti
                        DeFerran
                        Fittipaldi (both)
                        Rahal
                        Zanardi
                        Vasser
                        Montoya

I'm not a big fan of PT but sorry, Fisher and Quattro aren't worthy to carry his jock.

BTW, that 2002 Indy referance was on PT's website.
                        Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

The issue is black and white. No gray area, no subjectivity required. In two NASCAR tests, Paul Tracy couldn't drive the car, period.
                          What makes you say this?

Comment

Let's see how the careers have been:

Paul Tracy
                            CART/CCWS Starts
                            Poles
                            Podiums
                            Wins

AJ Foyt IV
                            (IRL/IPS/TOTAL)
                            Starts
                            47 / 7 / 54
                            Poles
                            0 / 4 / 4
                            Podiums
                            0 / 4 / 4
                            Wins
                            0 / 4 / 4
                            Top 5
                            0 / 5 / 5
                            Top 10
                            2 / 7 / 9

Sarah Fisher
                            IRL Starts
                            Poles
                            Podiums
                            Wins
                            Top 5
                            Top 10

Current Season:
                            12th*in Points: 1,471
                            Starts
                            Wins
                            Top 5
                            Top 10
                            Avg. finish

*Finished higher in points than 1 other driver with at least 12 starts
                            If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

Comment

Let Don live in his little world where he truly believes that Sarah and Quatro are better race drivers than PT. Must be awfully lonely.

If I recall, PT had one race in an IRL car--one where Ms. Fisher and Quatro had considerably more experience, at the 500 and even finished better than those two ever did with many more starts.

I can't wait for Don to make the claim that Ed Carpenter is a better driver than Greg Moore was. That should be a rip-roarer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X