2022 NASCAR TV ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used to pull in the 5s.

Meanwhile MNF got 20 million viewers, 11.1 rating on ESPN for Denver-Seattle, 22.2 million combined for last night's double header.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
      Bristol's night race got a 1.07 rating with 1,776,000 viewers. Those are crazy low numbers (to me) for Bristol. Doesn't seem that long ago that it was one of the top races of the season.
      The NHRA nearly had equivalent viewership last weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirtualBalboa View Post

The NHRA nearly had equivalent viewership last weekend.
        NHRA had more in the
        18-44 age group
        Live like Dave

Comment

Bristol's night race got a 1.07 rating with 1,776,000 viewers. Those are crazy low numbers (to me) for Bristol. Doesn't seem that long ago that it was one of the top races of the season.
          Another dumb change based on the mistake of all mistakes, the idiotic chase.

For decades the race was the weekend before Labor Day. Which meant that it was, for most people, before the kids went to school, before HS football started, etc. And, on TV, up against the goofy “week zero” college football games and some baseball. Then, trying to fix the un-fixable, some bright light bulb decided that its position in the idiotic chase was more important than the actual race and it was lost in a sea of college football.

Comment

• Yes the NASCAR ratings are down from where they were. Yes for some it's fun to pummel them

digest these numbers

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...224727461.html

MNF yeah this week down to 3.5 in that 18-49 group and just 12 million viewers
            Dancing with the Stars at 0.74 and 5 million viewers
            The recent Emmy broadcast audience was considered abysmal

NASCAR isn't alone in seeing lower numbers. What we here don't have access to is the total number of TV viewers compared to 1, 5, 10 years ago and how do the NASCAR numbers compare to everything else. All TV viewership is down so do the networks and NASCAR look at their numbers in the context of the total drop in viewers and say, we're in the tank and should fold up our tent or is it just possible they say, look at everybody else and we're not in such bad shape. I have complete confidence that both sides of that discussion say, just glad we're not in the pit IndyCar is
            "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
            "They're criminals"
            "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

• No need to be hyper sensitive about it. Bristol used to be appointment TV. Now it’s obviously not and that’s a shame.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Z28 View Post
                NASCAR isn't alone in seeing lower numbers. What we here don't have access to is the total number of TV viewers compared to 1, 5, 10 years ago and how do the NASCAR numbers compare to everything else. All TV viewership is down so do the networks and NASCAR look at their numbers in the context of the total drop in viewers and say, we're in the tank and should fold up our tent or is it just possible they say, look at everybody else and we're not in such bad shape. I have complete confidence that both sides of that discussion say, just glad we're not in the pit IndyCar is
                I mean, I guess you'd have to describe what "fold up our tent" means. Obviously the series hasn't closed up shop, but it's radically changed the makeup of circuits, the cars, the drivers, and the points system multiple times over the last 20 years in an attempt to stem the loss of fans. If someone's going to argue that Indycar should follow NASCAR's lead, then NASCAR's lead is no longer "all ovals all the time with good ol boys!"

Comment

• While all TV viewership is down, as the market fragments more and more, only ONE sport has changed positions relative to where it was before in a massive way. The same one that is the only sport to reduce its total venue size by maybe a third.

The one with an idiotic chase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z28 View Post
                    Yes the NASCAR ratings are down from where they were. Yes for some it's fun to pummel them

digest these numbers

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...224727461.html

MNF yeah this week down to 3.5 in that 18-49 group and just 12 million viewers
                    Two MNF games this week more or less simultaneous. 22.2 million viewers cume, peaked over 23.

Comment

• Originally posted by 38special View Post
                      And yet, it's still highest of all motorsports. Nascar will be just fine.
                      At this point just barely. And this is compared to how high it used to be compared to every other motorsport broadcast on American television.

Comment

• Originally posted by SamC View Post

Another dumb change based on the mistake of all mistakes, the idiotic chase.

For decades the race was the weekend before Labor Day. Which meant that it was, for most people, before the kids went to school, before HS football started, etc. And, on TV, up against the goofy “week zero” college football games and some baseball. Then, trying to fix the un-fixable, some bright light bulb decided that its position in the idiotic chase was more important than the actual race and it was lost in a sea of college football.
                        I kind of agree with you here. Bristol and Darlington were both special events that didn't need to be part of the playoffs. It's hard to get a 'perfect' schedule, but Bristol probably belongs back in August and not competing with college football for viewership on a Saturday evening.

Comment

Milestone approaching from 2019 NFL season:

Best week of live gate: 1.1M​
                          Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

• Originally posted by LAindycarfan80 View Post

At this point just barely. And this is compared to how high it used to be compared to every other motorsport broadcast on American television.
                            What would the ratings be in 2022 had they never went to stages, lucky dogs, or playoffs?

We'll never know but I find it hard to believe that all the goofy new rules have improved their ratings.

Doing nothing at all could not have hurt the ratings any more than they've already been damaged and wouldn't have infuriated half the fanbase.
                            Live like Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X