Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Tap View Post

Wrong. Sorry...
    Streaming brought an extra ~5 thousand viewers to increase from the Nielson of 1.22 million to the TAD of of 1.225 million
    Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Muffins View Post

Streaming brought an extra ~5 thousand viewers to increase from the Nielson of 1.22 million to the TAD of of 1.225 million
      Got a link to actual streaming numbers? If you're honest on that, Peacock with Indycar is in deeeep trouble.

Comment

Got a link to actual streaming numbers? If you're honest on that, Peacock with Indycar is in deeeep trouble.
        Lets start with the TV rating by ShowBuzzDaily which represents live + same day on TV. The number for this is 1,219 (thousand) persons. TAD (TV + Streaming) reported on Racer was 1,225 (thousand) persons. That makes for 6 thousand persons watching on streaming.

Where I think you may be mistaken is that Peacock viewers are not represented in either of these figures in that the race replay I believe was not uploaded on race day. The people who would be counted among live viewers on streaming would have been watching on the NBC Sports Live website instead of Peacock.

Comment

Lets start with the TV rating by ShowBuzzDaily which represents live + same day on TV. The number for this is 1,219 (thousand) persons.
          Same day is replay. Second how are you conjuring up that 1,219 = 1,219 streamers?
          It can't be, there's no way, if what your saying, NASCAR had 4,000+ streamers out of nearly 5 million watching.

TAD (TV + Streaming) reported on Racer was 1,225 (thousand) persons. That makes for 6 thousand persons watching on streaming.
          How? adding your supposed streaming numbers, thats 2,444
          P2+ is an age group essentially saying "everyone"

Comment

Same day is replay. Second how are you conjuring up that 1,219 = 1,219 streamers?
            It can't be, there's no way, if what your saying, NASCAR had 4,000+ streamers out of nearly 5 million watching.

How? adding your supposed streaming numbers, thats 2,444
            P2+ is an age group essentially saying "everyone"

The unit of the figures is in thousands of people therefore "1,219" means 1,219,000 people. Subtract that from the combined TV and streaming which is 1,225,000 and you have 6,000. That is how I got 6,000.

Comment

Ahhh I see your math now, gotcha gotcha!! Thumbsup

Comment

300,000,000 + people and only 5,000 people streamed the race. Dear Lord. 😳

Comment

Dumb question...if a race is on network OTA but a viewer is watching that local network via streaming (YouTubeTV, Hulu, etc) are they considered a streaming viewer?
                  Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation View Post
                    Dumb question...if a race is on network OTA but a viewer is watching that local network via streaming (YouTubeTV, Hulu, etc) are they considered a streaming viewer?
                    Of course, indeed.
                    The hundreds of thousand that watch "live" streamed news on Fox from Hulu for example, are counted the same way. Its a Neilson rating view for Fox.

DVR's work the same way, like from the cable co. With internet always required for DVR playback (your shows are in the cloud lol), that view gets counted accordingly.

Thats the way I've understood it, I could be wrong.

Comment

A weak weekend
                      .24 / 407k Sunday .22 / 358k Saturday

For ref Nastrucks .41, ARCA .20, Formula 1 .53
                      Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

I would have expected a lower rating after the Saturday Stinker but at least more people watched the good race.

Some other interesting points:
                        Indycar on Sunday, got the same ratings (407k viewers) as Supercross Sunday on big NBC.

Indycar was the most watched sports on NBCSN for the week.

Source:
                        http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...-5-2-2021.html

Comment

Hoping that NBC failing to recoup audience they lost from the Derby 2019 to 2020 isn't a sign for our big one on NBC (the 2021 Derby was down 24% from 2019, but up hugely from the delayed 2020. For the Indy 500, 2019 was the second-worst Indy 500 TV rating ever until 2020's weird, delayed, on at the same time as NASCAR race, so anything short of a full recovery to 2019 would be concerning, IMO).

Not great for Texas, but you have to remember: whether it is a lame-duck year for IndyCar on NBC or not, it is a lame-duck year for NBCSN as a channel. I am not an expert, but I would not be surprised if the average cable rating is lower this year, but the average network rating is pretty stable.
                          Scott Speed was third fastest in FP2 at the 2007 French Grand Prix.

Comment

0.22 and 0.24 ..

Trying to stay above MLS and early morning English soccer.
                            "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Speed View Post
                              Hoping that NBC failing to recoup audience they lost from the Derby 2019 to 2020 isn't a sign for our big one on NBC (the 2021 Derby was down 24% from 2019, but up hugely from the delayed 2020. For the Indy 500, 2019 was the second-worst Indy 500 TV rating ever until 2020's weird, delayed, on at the same time as NASCAR race, so anything short of a full recovery to 2019 would be concerning, IMO).

Not great for Texas, but you have to remember: whether it is a lame-duck year for IndyCar on NBC or not, it is a lame-duck year for NBCSN as a channel. I am not an expert, but I would not be surprised if the average cable rating is lower this year, but the average network rating is pretty stable.
                              Remember that ratings start with YOU. Spend the month of May pestering everyone you know in person and online to watch the 500.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Speed View Post
                                it is a lame-duck year for NBCSN as a channel.
                                Does that imply that there is now less availability of NBCSN to the viewing public compared to previous years? Otherwise I don't understand why that would affect Indycar ratings?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X