2021 NASCAR TV Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The combination of the fivehead and the fro is impressive. But definitely reminiscent of Bob Ross.
    Kind of an Arnold Horshack thing going on too
    Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post

Kind of an Arnold Horshack thing going on too
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

That guy definitely needs a Bob Ross print screened onto his shirt. Or to be meta, a picture of Bob Ross painting a landscape on his shirt.
        "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Sunday's race got a 2.8 rating and 4,750,000 viewers.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

NASCAR Daytona Roval matches 500 ratings - Sports Media Watch

2.8 4.75M viewers

Ratings for the 2nd race of the year DOWN 13% from the second race last year (run on a proper oval in Las Vegas) which got a 3.2 and 5.5M against a stronger college basketball line up and without the NHL being moved to the nighttime due to weather.

The idea that road courses are the answer is quickly being disproven. If they were, one would expect a statistically significant higher rating during their few rare weeks vis the regular oval weeks. Rather, we see a drop of 13% from just last year, and have seen no measurable increase at any such venue.

Comment

While I see other "sports" or entertainment activities on TV are down as well, I wonder what all of the people are doing with their time on cold crummy winter days? Cooped up in the house unable to go to the bars and restaurants....

Anyone have any ideas?
              No signature required

Comment

We watch lots of stuff on YouTube.
                Some nights i get list on there until its time to crash.

I think 2.8 is about what they would have gotten wherever they raced.
                Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by SamC View Post

2.8 4.75M viewers

Ratings for the 2nd race of the year DOWN 13% from the second race last year (run on a proper oval in Las Vegas) which got a 3.2 and 5.5M against a stronger college basketball line up and without the NHL being moved to the nighttime due to weather.

The idea that road courses are the answer is quickly being disproven. If they were, one would expect a statistically significant higher rating during their few rare weeks vis the regular oval weeks. Rather, we see a drop of 13% from just last year, and have seen no measurable increase at any such venue.
                  Last year's race had the "benefit" of being the first race to follow Ryan Newman's crash and all the publicity that came with it.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive View Post
                    While I see other "sports" or entertainment activities on TV are down as well, I wonder what all of the people are doing with their time on cold crummy winter days? Cooped up in the house unable to go to the bars and restaurants....

Anyone have any ideas?
                    We are creatures of habit. 2020 has forced new habits on us.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                      I think 2.8 is about what they would have gotten wherever they raced.
                      Yep. And calling a cookie cutter a “proper oval” is hilarious considering how many fans absolutely despise them and simply skip those races. There is a reason the series is doing away with them as best they can.

Comment

Doesn't matter what kind of track they race on anymore. Spec racing doesn't sell and the other gimmicks they've implemented don't either.
                        The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post

Yep. And calling a cookie cutter a “proper oval” is hilarious considering how many fans absolutely despise them and simply skip those races. There is a reason the series is doing away with them as best they can.
                          The RATINGS say differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

We are creatures of habit. 2020 has forced new habits on us.
                            yea I get it but people have MORE time to just sit on their rear ends and look at things. I believe KevMcNJ is more in line with falling ratings. And if there is a big wreck, people will share tube url's and others will watch the action in a 1 minute segment. Those views are not taken into account of any "ratings" and can't be discounted.

Like that dude in the bowling shirt, he had a sponsor, I saw it. Maybe I will buy some of his stuff.
                            No signature required

Comment

Originally posted by SamC View Post

2.8 4.75M viewers

So if they returned to Rockingham instead, the ratings would have gone up?

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post

So if they returned to Rockingham instead, the ratings would have gone up?
                                Up is a big ask. NASCAR ratings won't go up until, if ever, management quits listening to the excuse makers and those who spew out new gimmicks, like IMSAization to replace previous failed gimmicks.

I was just pointing out that the party line that the decline somehow has "leveled off" is false, the decline is continuing and in fact accelerating. Also that the whole "cookie cutter" EXCUSE and the resultant IMSAization gimmick are simply not borne out by actual facts, like ratings. If the public wanted IMSAization, then we would see higher ratings for the, relatively rare, IMSAized races vis the much more common oval races. We don't. Facts are facts. And the fact is that 13% of people who watched the 2nd race of the season last year, found something else to do.

BTW, the NHL got its highest cable rating ever on Sunday. A well run outfit that doesn't listen to people with bright ideas.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X