Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 IndyCar TV Ratings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Since this was a different time of year and time slot, I think the comparison would be whatever you decide to make it.

    The Sunday numbers on NBC network were very similar to Formula 1 Sunday morning on ESPN2.
    The Xfinity race on NBCSN Saturday preceding Indycar was .48 and 766m. If you use Xfinity as a benchmark, Indycar only had a slight falloff in viewers from that.
    Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

    Comment


    • LOL. Your comments are nothing more than “I know you are but what am I?”
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

      Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nascarnation View Post
        Since this was a different time of year and time slot, I think the comparison would be whatever you decide to make it.

        The Sunday numbers on NBC network were very similar to Formula 1 Sunday morning on ESPN2.
        The Xfinity race on NBCSN Saturday preceding Indycar was .48 and 766m. If you use Xfinity as a benchmark, Indycar only had a slight falloff in viewers from that.
        I don’t think the date and time slot are that big of a deal for Mid Ohio (other than going up against opening weekend for football) but being thrown on the schedule last minute didn’t help.
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

        Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nascarnation View Post
          Mid Ohio Sat NBCSN .38 624m
          Mid Ohio Sun NBC . 44 635m
          wow, TV ratings in the Indycar TV ratings thread.... thank you!

          Comment


          • The race on Sunday was opposite the Colts opening game so that would probably knock it down a bit in the usual top tv market for Indycar.
            Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

            Comment




            • Based on this year and the preceding 3 years, the Sunday P2+ and HH rating are the lowest for OTA broadcasts, with Mid-Ohio 2019 a close second (which in itself was strange, because Mid-Ohio on cable had been pretty strong). The Saturday numbers, on the other hand, are about average for cable.
              Last edited by FourCamFord; 09-15-2020, 01:22 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
                LOL. Your comments are nothing more than “I know you are but what am I?”
                You can’t provide any support for what you erroneously claimed. When that happens, I’m sure everyone’s comments come off that way to you. Not my fault that you showed up empty handed and unprepared. That’s all on you.

                Comment


                • Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

                  Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FourCamFord View Post

                    Based on this year and the preceding 3 years, the Sunday P2+ and HH rating are the lowest for OTA broadcasts, with Mid-Ohio 2019 a close second (which in itself was strange, because Mid-Ohio on cable had been pretty strong). The Saturday numbers, on the other hand, are about average for cable.
                    -Race 1: avg. of 632k viewers on NBCSN, the series' most-watched NBCSN broadcast since the 2018 season finale (638k)

                    -Race 2: avg. of 638k viewers on NBC, a tick down from last year's 670k (also Sunday on NBC, but no NFL competition)

                    All a matter of how you look at it.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

                    Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

                    Comment


                    • Wait, Saturday on NBCSN was greater viewership than Sunday on NBC?

                      Comment


                      • You have heard of the NFL, yes?
                        Center Grove Trojans
                        2008 5A Football State Champs
                        2015 6A Football State Champs
                        2011 Track State Champs

                        Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cornys View Post
                          Wait, Saturday on NBCSN was greater viewership than Sunday on NBC?
                          Yeah, that can’t be spun.
                          Last edited by Mdwfan; 09-21-2020, 07:21 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Cornys View Post
                            Wait, Saturday on NBCSN was greater viewership than Sunday on NBC?
                            They had a nice lead in from Nascar
                            Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

                              -Race 1: avg. of 632k viewers on NBCSN, the series' most-watched NBCSN broadcast since the 2018 season finale (638k)

                              -Race 2: avg. of 638k viewers on NBC, a tick down from last year's 670k (also Sunday on NBC, but no NFL competition)

                              All a matter of how you look at it.
                              True, I blew the comment on the Saturday NBCSN number.
                              But the Sunday NBC viewership was definitely on the low side, as it was last year. I don't remember what happened last year that would have caused a low viewership (about the same as prior years on cable), but NFL is definitely a good excuse for this year.

                              Screen shot 2020-09-20 at 1.23.14 PM.png

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X