Forbes: CART tried to buy F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbes: CART tried to buy F1

uh, wow. Nugget at end - Miami appears dead and in it looks to be in Liberty's court to bring back IMS for an F1 race

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2.../#5778dbca241c

If F1 returns to IMS, given that it is the Racing Capital of the world, the race should be called the World GP.
    Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Interesting. But obviously Bernie had no interest in CART buying his empire.

Comment

Originally posted by AGRiculture View Post
        Interesting. But obviously Bernie had no interest in CART buying his empire.
        He probably didn't want to see what he had worked so hard to build up, go down the tubes with CART.
        DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Well if only motorsports had know the visionary, genius and all around wonderful guy Andrew Craig they had in their midst his heroic figure would be on the Mount Rushmore of the wheel. Yeah he saw Iracing as a real gateway to the future 20 years before the technology even existed. If only he had known some nerdy 14 year old building games in his parent's garage. The notion that CART tried to buy F-1 doesn't progress to Bernie even sending them a reply, so Forbes is engaging in a large scoop of historical speculation.

As always the second US F-1 race comes down to IMS. I doubt Penske would have any outrageous demands other than we need to be able to make a few dollars, not a windfall but it can't be a one sided deal in Liberty's favor. So if Liberty seriously sees a benefit to having a second US race it's in their hands to get that benefit and not be greedy and demand IMS take the short end.
          "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
          "They're criminals"
          "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

A lot of wishful imagination on Craig's skill set.
            "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
            body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
            "...holy $^!+...what a ride!"
            >

Comment

Cavin and Kevin discussed this on Trackside. Cavin surmised it was more Bernie looking to buy CART.

and...

Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
              If F1 returns to IMS, given that it is the Racing Capital of the world, the race should be called the World GP.

Yes.

"George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
                If F1 returns to IMS, given that it is the Racing Capital of the world...
                Don't confuse some popular slogan or marketing phrase with reality.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                  Don't confuse some popular slogan or marketing phrase with reality.
                  Anyways, Daytona is the "World Center of Racing"

Comment

Originally posted by Cornys View Post

Anyways, Daytona is the "World Center of Racing"
                    If you ask them.😀

Back on topic, Bernie would have never agreed for Andrew Craig and CART to buy F1, unless he remains in charge and all ownership reverts back to Bernie after the sale.😁
                    And don't forget the heat!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X