No announcement yet.

COTA: We're sold out, now please buy us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep praying that NASCAR schedules an event at COTA.
    Last edited by Lee Roy; 11-08-2019, 10:59 AM.
    DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless View Post

What on earth would make you say that? IMO Austin won't let it happen as it's apparently become a destination race. People who don't give a good crap about racing can still have a great weekend. Yes, it's expensive but so is Disney World. That's how it is with world class entertainment.
      Shrinking motorsports market, student loan debt, cost of living, shrinking dollar. And we have an economy that is starting to deteriorate. That does not help sell tickets to overpriced, undervalued entertainment. Even Panzer's Cheetos budget is seeing refinements. Disposable income is shrinking for most people.

I refuse to give up the big bag !
      "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

Lee Iacocca

Comment

Originally posted by turbopanzer View Post

Shrinking motorsports market, student loan debt, cost of living, shrinking dollar. And we have an economy that is starting to deteriorate. That does not help sell tickets to overpriced, undervalued entertainment. Even Panzer's Cheetos budget is seeing refinements. Disposable income is shrinking for most people.

From the looks of the crowd it's like the old days at IMS- Someone will gladly take your place. Disposable income is only shrinking for the lower classes and I do not include autoworkers in that group.
        "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
        "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

From the looks of the crowd it's like the old days at IMS- Someone will gladly take your place. Disposable income is only shrinking for the lower classes and I do not include autoworkers in that group.
          For RP's sake i hope so. They already have taken mine. Autoworkers are becoming an endangered species. The Terminator movies showed us that. Rise of the machines!

Lee Iacocca

Comment

Got to keep those stockholder dividends flowing!
            "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Roy View Post
              I keep praying that NASCAR schedules an event at COTA.
              I'd keep praying. But it would be entertaining for sure.
              World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Got to keep those stockholder dividends flowing!
                Absolutely! We want bigger dividend checks each and every year. Slash and burn baby !

Lee Iacocca

Comment

It often seems that something happens to the nicest people when retirement accounts hit seven figures.

Comment

What on earth would make you say that?
                    Lots of things. Ignorance, for one. Then there's ego, the desperate desire to look knowledgable and/or clever, poor judgement, and, at the risk of being redundant, ignorance.
                    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                      Lots of things. Ignorance, for one. Then there's ego, the desperate desire to look knowledgable, poor judgement, and, at the risk of being redundant, ignorance.
                      And yet your still here.

Lee Iacocca

Comment

For RP's sake i hope so. They already have taken mine!
                        Who, exactly, took yours? The autoworkers?

Autoworkers are becoming an endangered species.
                        They are? How many are left? Do you have some data to backup? And over what period of time are you saying they have become an endangered species?

The Terminator movies showed us that. Rise of the machines!
                        Wow. That's pathetically lame. Those were movies! Do you not understand the difference between reality and cinema?

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

That does not help sell tickets to overpriced, undervalued entertainment.
                          Apparently you did not thing this through. How can something be "overpriced" and "undervalued" at the same time?

As well you should. It could be your best, and last, friend.

Comment

And yet your still here.
                            It's "you're." Which goes back to what I was saying about ignorance.

Comment

Meanwhile, back on topic....

Stephan Ratel's SRO World Challenge has added COTA back to the 2020 schedule in March (by request of their team owners/drivers). The IMS round will now be an 'optional' event.

And due to difficulties with the planned Brazilian round, even WEC is reconsidering COTA.
                              BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                                It's "you're." Which goes back to what I was saying about ignorance.
                                How nice. Yet you still have not answered the question. As for ignorance...you certainly show yours rather well.

Lee Iacocca

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X