OT-Alarming BY 400 News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BretEarl View Post
    Lets remember tickets sold. A lot of corporate tickets. People not showing up due to weather.
    Sunday it was 80 degrees and partly cloudy at Indy...I think it's more than the weather keeping people away
    "We let bygones be under the bridge..." AJ Foyt

Comment

• It also rained enough that the air dryers were on the track right up to the anthem.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

• I attended the first few BY400 races, this is just hard to believe after the huge crowds of the 90s
        Is it May yet?
        Take me back to a world gone away-James Pankow

Comment

• I think the speedway brass missed a great opportunity by not inviting everyone in attendance to come down and stand on the yard of bricks for group photo with the winning driver.
          "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
            I think the speedway brass missed a great opportunity by not inviting everyone in attendance to come down and stand on the yard of bricks for group photo with the winning driver.
            Id like to thank everyone who came out today.

Thank you Ed. Thank you Bill. Thank you Mike. Thank you Jane....
            Live like Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by frodo13 View Post
              I attended the first few BY400 races, this is just hard to believe after the huge crowds of the 90s
              Apparently NASCAR fans are easily bored.
              "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

• I think they should go swimming for bricks with Rutledge Wood.
                "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post

Id like to thank everyone who came out today.

Thank you Ed. Thank you Bill. Thank you Mike. Thank you Jane....
                  Eff LBD!

Comment

• There is absolutely no way in the world that there were 65,000 on the grounds on Sunday. Closer to the 17K number than the 65K number. My eyeballs dont lie. I also bet any numbers is counting the participants, workers, officials, etc. It was funny listening to the NBC broadcast hype about what a gigantic event it was and then cutting to images of an almost empty venue. TV money, the BC39 and Concert gate are what is keeping this going. My guess is that this event becomes a victim of the market correction that is surely coming in the next TV contract.

Comment

• I'll take a stab and say there were 25,000 there. No shot of 65k, and 17k seems awfully low (but perhaps accurate)
                      World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

• Originally posted by fenderless View Post

Apparently NASCAR fans are easily bored.
                        Or maybe they aren't all that easily impressed and don't find IMS to be that big of a deal.
                        DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

• Originally posted by frodo13 View Post
                          I attended the first few BY400 races, this is just hard to believe after the huge crowds of the 90s
                          Just because something was super popular 25 years ago doesn't mean it has staying power today. Such is life.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAindycarfan80 View Post

Just because something was super popular 25 years ago doesn't mean it has staying power today. Such is life.
                            Exactly, times and tastes change.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
                              I'll take a stab and say there were 25,000 there. No shot of 65k, and 17k seems awfully low (but perhaps accurate)
                              In total agreement with your assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Love May View Post
                                There is absolutely no way in the world that there were 65,000 on the grounds on Sunday. Closer to the 17K number than the 65K number. My eyeballs dont lie. I also bet any numbers is counting the participants, workers, officials, etc. It was funny listening to the NBC broadcast hype about what a gigantic event it was and then cutting to images of an almost empty venue. TV money, the BC39 and Concert gate are what is keeping this going. My guess is that this event becomes a victim of the market correction that is surely coming in the next TV contract.
                                If IMS is no longer getting the big TV money in the next contract, it might be best that they move the race to IRP where it would provide a better show and they can actually fill all the seats.That being said, I think the management in NASCAR will have to swallow their pride and realize they can no longer fill the seats at one of America's most prestigious racetracks.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X