POCONO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POCONO

After a long break in the schedule the boys will be back in action this coming Sunday at Pocono. I am excited about this race. It will be my first race at this track. I have wanted to attend an Indycar race there for a long time and this is the year. The week after that I will be heading to Gateway for the 3rd straight year!

Enjoy I will be watching in my air conditioned living room on my HD tv. It does seem like a long time since the last race. I'm hoping for an announcement this week about a multiyear extension of Indycar at Pocono. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Supposedly the series and track will finally get to sit down together this weekend, so we'll see.

https://www.poconorecord.com/sports/...rtain-for-2020

Graham Rahal, driver of the No. 15 Honda, believes Pocono should remain on the schedule both for its history and for the population within close proximity of the track, citing New York City, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
      "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

http://www.imscdn.com/indycar_media/...ist%208-12.pdf

Entry List
        "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

I really hope it stays, hopefully last year's disaster doesn't effect attendance which seems to grow incrementally each year.
          "We let bygones be under the bridge..." AJ Foyt

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Quesadilla View Post
            I really hope it stays, hopefully last year's disaster doesn't effect attendance which seems to grow incrementally each year.
            The weather is the most important factor.....per usual.

Comment

I"m going to be about 20 minutes down the road from Pocono next week, but not until Wednesday. I wasn't paying attention to the schedule when I planned our family vacation. Oops.
              “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

As usual, It will be a saturday evening/ sunday morning decision for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
                  As usual, It will be a saturday evening/ sunday morning decision for me.
                  Same here as far as decision date. Hope it stays on the schedule since in my opinion - The more big ovals the better.

Comment

I have a 300 level ticket, which comes with a free RE scanner rental this year. Debating whether or not to get the scanner. I like listening to the sound of the engines; don't really want to listen to the radio broadcast; Race Control might be interesting. What do you folks think?

Weather is currently forecast as sunny, in the upper 70's.

Comment

Just Sunday for me, they have moved the Monster Mania Convention in Cherry Hill, NJ, to this weekend the last few years, so I'm down there Saturday.

Comment

Hope Pocono stays and they add Richmond.

Comment

The track is still emailing a lot of ticket offers, one is 4 tickets, hot dogs and Cokes for $125. The last was upgrades to the Terrace club, 300 level and victory circle club some have paddock pass, scanner and infield parking. So let's not say that they aren't trying.
                          "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                          "They're criminals"
                          "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by stockblock View Post
                            Hope Pocono stays and they add Richmond.
                            This.

I went to Indy practice for several years. Moved to PA near Philadelphia and went to Pocono to watch them practice and qualify. Great venue. You can see the entire track. I hope Pocono stays on the schedule for many years to come.

Comment

I remain extremely concerned that Miles will just dump Pocono for Richmond. With NBC covering the Olympics next year, they might not be able to add any events in August as it is.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X