Excellent Attendance at Kentucky Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent Attendance at Kentucky Today

If necessary I'll capture a video clip of a pan through the crowd to document the excellent attendance.

"high fiv(e)ing!"
    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

nice crowd and they got to see a dominant performance from Sam and the Panthers...but, the IRL website lists KY Speedway seating at 66,089. There is no way that was almost 50,000 as Bob said on the tease. Not unless there were a whole bunch "getting out of the sun"

edited for spelling mistake...

Comment

The count by people other those saying 'no way' behind a keyboard says 50K.

I believe that.

And kudos to the fans who saw a great race in the heat. They are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by akh
        nice crowd and they got to see a dominant performance from Sam and the Panthers...but, the IRL website lists KY Speedway seating at 66,089. There is no way that was almost 50,000 as Bob said on the tease. Not unless there were a whole bunch "getting out of the sun"

edited for spelling mistake...
        Yes, we all know that there are no fans in the infield or in the motorhomes on the backstraight, etc.

Comment

I've been to three of the four IRL events held at Sparta.

The turnout today was nice, not near to the innaugural when the Pete Rose fans tuned out, but not bad by any standards.

The weather today was great, not near as hot as the other times I've been there.

50,000 is a stretch, but believe what ever makes you feel good.

If you're gonna praise the crowd you better thank Toyota.
          "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

announced @ 54,225

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird

If you're gonna praise the crowd you better thank Toyota.

...huh?!
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Toyota was comping, that's where our tickets came from.

One of the many advantages of manufactures involvement is getting fannies in the seats.

George Herbert

Comment

I heard promoter Mark Cassis (?) on the radio telling Mike King that he sold 55,000 tickets. Call him a liar if it fits your agenda.

Not sure how many tickets were bought by corporations and handed out but I saw Jim Beam hats & shirts EVERYWHERE!!

BTW, Cassis also said this was the most tickets ever sold for an IRL race at Kentucky.

The radio guys were talking during the commercials about the great crowd and the noticable increase in RVs around the track. They also said that despite the large crowd there were still "thousands" behind the grandstands.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Doesn't Toyota have a couple large facilities in the Cinci area?

FWIW - I have no problem with comp tickets. If they give out X # and half of them become fans, that's more than what we started with.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_22
                      FWIW - I have no problem with comp tickets. If they give out X # and half of them become fans, that's more than what we started with.

Comp tickets are still purchased from the track. They were free to people like railbird (Good God...are there other people like railbird?? ) but the track got paid for the ticket.

Everybody wins.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

comps are standard procedure when you have big time manufactures and sponsors involved.

Like TD said, the track gets paid one way or the other.

I would still have a hard time thinking the "through the gate" crowd matched the first year, but who really gives a damm?

it was a good crowd.

George Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird
                          I would still have a hard time thinking the "through the gate" crowd matched the first year, but who really gives a damm?

it was a good crowd.

That's what I thought.

The truth of the matter may be in that he mentioned ticket sales rather than #s in the seats. Maybe there were some freebies that first year.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Radio said 55k on the grounds. You figure out what that means. On TV it didn't look as good as year one, but I couldn't see much of the area behind the stands. . .
                            "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

The crowd was large enough to necessitate parking us BEHIND the backstretch, forcing us to walk on the side of a hill for a mile to the main grandstand area. That is one area the speedway could make a little fan-friendlier.
                              www.ragingphotos.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X