Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please, I missed rpm and the prerace show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please, I missed rpm and the prerace show!

I had a brain happening at 3:30 AM, after 11 hours of work, and forgot to shut off the VCR after I programmed in this mornings rpm and the prerace. What did I miss, what did Robin Wrong say about the CART thingy? It isn't often I miss rpm and do something stupid like that, I think I have missed less then a dozen rpm's ever

RM said Gentilozzi, Forsythe and Kalkhoven (sp?) were going to try to buy CART. Also said IRL would love to add LB if CART doesn't come back. Nothing we didn't already know.

Comment

Leave it to c^rt employee Robin Miller to discuss his other employer on a program the 'partner' produces, and as an added bonus, calling the IRL stupid (imagine that) about next years' schedule.

Other than that, 3/4 NASCAR, mostly from outside turn 1 at Michigan, a few minutes for the partner series IRL (not the lead despite lots of drama and hot points battle and the Chevy story and the schedule release).

Same stuff. Different Sunday. Except there was no c^rt race for ESPN to pay Miller's way to so he could cover it for c^rt and ESPN.

Comment

Facts:

ESPN will have no more RPM2whatever after this season. Ever wonder why?

Has anyone ever taken an ethics class when in school?

I'm not bitter. I am frustrated that the greatest racing in the world goes completely over the head of the partner.

I'm just hoping that if we discuss the situation, someone may get the message. Perhaps that's why ABC announced it was adding additional time to the broadcasts. Perhaps that's why the on-air presentation by ABC has been at a higher level since the Indy 500.

Discussion can have positive effects.

Comment

Oh, by the way...another good IRL Today show. They interviewed Gil and Helio and Kanaan again, but lots of others, too.

Plus, they showed Buddy Lazier's wife and that was a good moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
            "Same stuff. Different Sunday"

Just like 90% of your posts.

Bovine Recycled Hay,,,,

Why ANYONE, with a Room Temperature IQ would listen to Bird Boy, is beyond me.... Utter Nonsense,,,,,

Defendo,,,,

Defendo,,,, "You Magnificent Ba_tard You,,,,,"

Defendo,,,,, Roll,,, Over "Them" ,,,, Rookies,,, Just Like Patton Did to the "Desert Fox"....

"You Magnificent Ba_tard You,,,,," Defendo,,,,

Just,,,, Hold Their Head Under Water,,,, Defendo,,, Until They Quit Shaking....

An't Long Now,,, Defendo,,,, the End is Near,,,,
            Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-17-2003, 01:34 PM.
            Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Last edited by fivehundred2go; 08-17-2003, 02:14 PM.
              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

"Thank you" to those assisting us in our consistent effort to eliminate personal attacks, taunting, and derailing of topics with baggage and references from other times and other forums.

I appreciate every member's assistance in note responding publicly to any such posts, whether it's directed personally at you or not.

PM me, email me, email the forum moderator, or use the "Report this Post" feature on every page.

Thanks!
                There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

...it seems this thread has become 'lighter'.
                  ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

for the record. nascar race related content 6:53
                    irl race related content 6:23

dale jr feature (nascar) 3:30

if there is no more rpm whatever, it will be because nascar continues to not allow access. how can you justify giving more coverage to a series that gets .7's on abc versus one that scores 5.0 on its various networks. like it or not, nascar is king and that's what the majority of the viewers out there are interested in. sad, but true. you have to program for the masses with a show such as rpm2day/night. nhra2day and indy racing 2 day are different because they are "series specific" shows. despite the fact that the irl has the best racing, it is still not mainstream enough to warrant more coverage than it already gets. to paraphrase the great walter cronkite, that's the way it is.

Comment

John, I absolutely agree with you about Nascar being king. We're dumb but we aren't stupid.

But defender is 100% spot-on when it comes to Robin Miller.

I'll never understand that one.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2008 5A Football State Champs
                      2015 6A Football State Champs
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

John - I may be in the minority here, but I really appreciate you posting here. To quote the great Paul Harvey: "Now you know the REST of the story".

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_22
                          John - I may be in the minority here, but I really appreciate you posting here. To quote the great Paul Harvey: "Now you know the REST of the story".

You're absolutely not in the minority there. I know of nobody who doesn't appreciate John's posts here. I wish he'd post more often.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
                            nobody who doesn't

Doncha jes luv double negatives?

Pffffffttttttt....
                            Center Grove Trojans
                            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Robin Miller is still around because people like Defender and Mackie are hanging on every word. He gets ratings because people tune in just so they can **** and moan about what he said.
                              "I kill for the code to disarm this mess..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X