Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone please tell Brian to put the road race upgrade on hold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please tell Brian to put the road race upgrade on hold!

CART, or "Champ Car," the name of choice since they can't use anything else that comes close to what they do, will make another attempt at failure. No sponsors, no real venues, no revenue producing TV, no teams that can run out of their own pocket and Paul Tracy and Jargon Joe to boot, that ought to sum it up.

That means that at least for another couple of years, IndyCar won't have to go to Long Beach.

One question, with a "new" series, will the "insert name here" still be able to call any event in Canada or Mexico the Whatever Indy whatever?

Re: Someone please tell Brian to put the road race upgrade on hold!

Originally posted by Mackie
    CART, or "Champ Car," the name of choice since they can't use anything else that comes close to what they do, will make another attempt at failure. No sponsors, no real venues, no revenue producing TV, no teams that can run out of their own pocket and Paul Tracy and Jargon Joe to boot, that ought to sum it up.

That means that at least for another couple of years, IndyCar won't have to go to Long Beach.

One question, with a "new" series, will the "insert name here" still be able to call any event in Canada or Mexico the Whatever Indy whatever?
    Who cares what they do?

IndyCar will do what is right for IndyCar.

Comment

Re: Someone please tell Brian to put the road race upgrade on hold!

Originally posted by Mackie
      You forgot no $86 million in the bank to burn which is how they made 03 happen.

The way things are going at the Beach, it won't be around in any form in a couple years regardless of who is parading there.

Yes
      I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

Wow, it used to just be CART races that shrunk. This thread used to have half a dozen replies and now it is down to just three.
        I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

I think the IRL road races will be fantastic fun especially if they go to such a spectacular venue as Road Atlanta. And while the'ye over at Motegi, let's have a road race at Suzuka to defray the travelling expenses at little.

I would love to see the IRL cars at Suzuka! Remember that Honda owns that track too, so it is probably doable.
          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X