Some guy just bought a 6.2% share of CART

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some guy just bought a 6.2% share of CART

Who is this cat? -- Michael Smith, President of Weatons Holding of Canada.

920,000 shares

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...m13g081503.txt
    Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

there's alot of wordage there about voting?....is that normal?

Comment

Because it was purchased a $0.01 per share, does this now officially certify CART as a "penny" stock?

Here's one theory.
      It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

that's kinda what i was hinting at midtown about the voting wordage

is it legal for a shareholder to sell a chunk of his own stock for a price different than what its being traded for?

Comment

P.T. Barnum was right.
          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Re: Some guy just bought a 6.2% share of CART

Originally posted by dreamracer

920,000 shares

Front man/investment counselor for George Eaton, former CanAm racer and old Canada money. Sits on the board of Canadian TV. Could be involved in a buyout, might just be a speculator.

Comment

1. Weaton Holdings is an institutional investor.

2. This guy signs as the Chairman of the institutional investor.

3. This form is to report to the SEC that another company owns more than 5% of MPH, thus establishing it as an affiliate in some cases.

4. The $0.01 is in reference to par value...not market value.

Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I wonder what it feels like to simply burn money, then flush it down the commode?

Comment

According to the filing, Smith/Eaton is a passive investor and is not and cannot be part of any buyout.

Comment

Re: Some guy just bought a 6.2% share of CART

Originally posted by dreamracer

920,000 shares

Some guy with an extra 15 bucks?
                    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, someone has almost a million shares of stock that cost him whatever, fearing that if no one buys CART he will lose everything, so he sells his block of stock for about $1 million, figuring a million bucks is better then nothing, does that get it.?

Then, someone else with more money then good sense, figures he will gamble a million bucks on a buyout and take a chance at more then doubling his money, is that right?

Someone made an awful big mistake.

Before someone thinks I am totally without a clue, this is a "tongue in cheek" synopsis
                      Last edited by Mackie; 08-16-2003, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                        According to the filing, Smith/Eaton is a passive investor and is not and cannot be part of any buyout.
                        No. At the time he purchased the shares he was a passive investor. If other shareholders approach him about participating and he changes his mind, he will then have 10 days to file with the SEC his change of intent.

Comment

Originally posted by jjjanos
                          No. At the time he purchased the shares he was a passive investor. If other shareholders approach him about participating and he changes his mind, he will then have 10 days to file with the SEC his change of intent.
                          CYA, that's what all of this is called. It's all strategic, and it's all deliberate. They will cover their bases so no one visits the big house!
                          http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

From another thread at another forum:

3,377,400 (22.95%) is the exact number of shares that Forsythe owned ...

Looks like Open Wheel Racing Series LLC bought out Forsythe.

I guess Forrest Bond was correct on that. Forsythe is leaving.

WRONG!!!!

Willis Capitol LLC happens to share the same address as Indeck Power Equipment Co.

So it looks like 50% of the ownership is Kalhoven, 33.3% Gentilozzi, and 16.7% Forsythe.

Now we know what the purchasing Group looks like.

Other players to watch:

920,900 shares (6.26%) were bought by Canadian ex-racer George Eaton (of 17485 McLaren Road, Caledon Ontario, Canada Lon 1C0) this week. He filed as passive investor.

Note that Weaton Holding Ltd. address is

5350 Lakeview Parkway South Drive
                            Indianapolis, IN 46268 USA

This is CART's current HQ. So it must be a friendly Canadian.

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rouleau/ecorp.htm
                            (a less than flattering background of the Eaton family)

1,255,000 shares (8.53%) are still held by the hostile Jonathon P. Vannini.
                            Accurate down to a tee?
                            Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

I guess Forrest Bond was correct on that. Forsythe is leaving.

WRONG!!!!

Willis Capitol LLC happens to share the same address as Indeck Power Equipment Co.

So it looks like 50% of the ownership is Kalhoven, 33.3% Gentilozzi, and 16.7% Forsythe
                              Help me out here. Forsythe just reduced the size of his holdings in CART from 25% to 4% and this is proof he is staying?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X