Joe's suit settled...maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe's suit settled...maybe

Forrest Bond is reporting that CART and Joe met in late July and hammered out a deal. Joe will get $2 million and CART will write that large check. What is holding this up is that Joe probably wants a public apology from CART - and Pook - since they accused him of fraud when they fired him. It appears the lawyers have agreed, everything is ready but CART hasn't signed the deal yet. Maybe they're waiting for Pook to leave.....

Well, first they accuse the guy of fraud and then hire him back? What do you think adds up to other than it's a way of business they approve of?

Of course, if they hire him back, they are off the hook for firing him to begin with. Then they can dream up another reason to send him walking and we can have another lovely round of lawsuits.

The sports just keeps getting dragged through the muck and few seem to mind.
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Supposedly Joe is waiting for an apology. I hope he doesn't have to wait as long as 'fender has, his list is long and distinguished, and he is still waiting for the first one.

Comment

Joe will do just as Forsythe tells him.
        "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

He might be a little more independent, now that he has $2 million in his pocket.

Comment

2 mil is tip money to Forsythe, Joe makes more than that holding his coat.
            "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

I have a very tough time believing that Joe makes anything close to that. 100-150K, maybe. More than that is hard to see.

Comment

Joe may have enough of an ego, as witnessed by his conduct in running CART, that he wants part of the deal to be "I'll be back." He may not be in "fat-check, shut-up and go-away" mode. They COULD be waiting for Pook to be totally discredited and go away for that reason. It COULD be part of the buyout plan that Forsythe wants to reinstall him at the head of the class...as dumb an idea as that might be, but Forsythe picked him up after he blew the cookies at MPH in the first place.
                "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X