No announcement yet.

Could IRL / TG slow down the buyout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could IRL / TG slow down the buyout...

of the other series...I guess TG could raise the bid price to say $4 a share..and then perform a due diligence of the finanicials, this could possible take a couple of months to do...would this delay cause sponsor / teams to bail out to the IRL...

Why bother.
    Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Re: Could IRL / TG slow down the buyout...

Originally posted by Indianapolis500
      ...would this delay cause sponsor / teams to bail out to the IRL...
      What sponsors?

Comment

Great to see the heart felt concern among racefans.

CART as we know is dead boys, the IRL would be much better served by concentrating on it's own shortcomings.

When will Toyota get clearence on that new head?
        "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird
          CART as we know is dead boys, the IRL would be much better served by concentrating on it's own shortcomings.
          Totally agree.

Comment

This is the second time this has come up, any bid, any bid at all may be the only bid, if you make a bid and it is acceped you are stuck with it. Tony has been blamed enough, the best he can do is nothing at all, leave it hands off.

Heck, if he bought it, he would have to go road racing. NO RIGHT TURNS, EVER!

Comment

TG's competition is NASCAR not CART.

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird
                Great to see the heart felt concern among racefans.

When will Toyota get clearence on that new head?
                I don't know that it's dead. What I do know is that if it dies, it won't be of any help to the IRL if the IRL is to head down the same path.

The IRL had a chance to start with a clean slate and to change the direction of the sport to where it should have been rather than where CART had taken it. In doing this, it had to know that it would alienate the CART fans and it has done so. My worry is that it's beginning to alienate it's own fans and it can't afford to do that.
                Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

I agree w/ slinger, and others... TG had better REALLY LOOK at the fans discussions on road racing(can it honestly be called racing?)...road follow the leader (that's better!)
                  The IRL MISSION was a darn good one till the cart $$ corrupted our leaders. I was at the Mickyard in 96 and absolutely LOVED the team of Brickle driving,Brickle owning,Brickle crew chief!!!! The Tony Stewart's of racing would not have gotten a chance if not for the IRL!! But now what have we become??? .....

Somebody at IMS/IRL headquarters needs to open their eyes and their ears!!

NO RIGHT TURNS !!!!!

:mad: :mad:

Comment

till the cart $$ corrupted our leaders
                    \

HUH??? Do you mean the Toyota/Honda dollars? Well, isn't that exactly what the IRL wanted?

Obviously, by your comments on road racing, you have no real appreciation for racing...nor it's heritage.

Artificially created passes are not racing either.

Tony Stewart's of racing would not have gotten a chance if not for the IRL!!
                    I'd say there without the IRL, there's a pretty darn good chance Tony would have gotten exactly where he is today, NASCAR.
                    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

My worry is that it's beginning to alienate it's own fans and it can't afford to do that.
                      True....Something happened between last year and this year (Honda, Toyata,Chip and AGR I guess) and for some reason, although I was intensely interested in the Indy 500...that has been about it for me. I have watched most of the rest of the races but quite a few of them really didn't interest me much. I don't know if it is the fact that the teams I am interested in are Chevy teams and you know what that has been like.....or just the invasion of teams and manufacturers that I wasn't interested in when they were in the other series and I can't muster much interest in them as IRL teams either.

The sad part is that the last couple of years were pretty interesting and good racing too most of the time. Made me look forward to the season starting...It hasn't been what I was looking for. The problems are, for me at least, pretty insurmountable with the present owners, manufacturers and sponsor situations. I am not going to go off on a rant (think Yeley) but I don't think these sponsors, manufactuers and owners get it. There are certain things that the life of this series depends upon, good racing is not enough in 2003 America to keep fans and viewers......

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester
                        Artificially created passes are not racing either.

You mean like at Vancouver?

Comment

Originally posted by Linda B
                          Road racing(can it honestly be called racing?)...road follow the leader (that's better!)
                          I take it by this statement that you're utterly and completely ignorant of the sport of road racing.

Apparently you've never seen a pack of Formula Vees go wheel to wheel in a draft train for 15 laps of Sears Point. You've also never seen 40 Spec Miatas try to put themselves in the same corner at the same time. You've also never seen Adrian Fernandez outbrake Paul Tracy - the last of the latebrakers - into Turn 1 at Portland. You've also never seen, heard and felt a thundering 40-car World Challenge standing start. You've never witnessed an MG LMP675 outrace, outduel and outdrive the best that Audi's money can buy.

I've seen all of those with my own eyes. You need to open yours wider.

Comment

Originally posted by slinger
                            [B]I don't know that it's dead.
                            cart won't be dead until someone cuts it's head off. Or is that drive a stake through it's heart?

Tony just needs to keep hammering away...... building his own series, of course. You will notice that the ferocity of the bleating by cart supporters is always right in line with any good news the IRL gets. Keep making good things happen for the IRL and it automatically males things worse for those trying to keep up.

Rock on, Tony. Keep on keepin' on.
                            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Let me reword my statement slinger:

CART as we knew it is dead, has been since about '99 or '00.

While the resurection appears to be coming along somewhat, I'll still contend that the IRL has waaaay too many problems of it's own to worry about a series that is a threat only in the minds of a few bitter fans on both sides.

Open wheel racing in America is dead racefans.
                              "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X